• 3(current)
[MOD] Rapier Qualar MOD - Dharma Version
qualar Wrote:If you tell me a skin that it works how you would like Iwill work on adding it.

Absolutely; Confluence works just fine if you want to try that skin. Queue up like 5 episodes of something for instance, then go to "Now Playing" and shuffle the items, you'll see it randomizes your queued episodes.

Sounds trivial, but I use it all the time to queue a bunch of TV shows and randomize them to help me fall asleep Big Grin

Thanks for looking into it! Much appreciated!
qualar Wrote:If you can explain how this is done I will do it. I read up on it some time a ago but could not really figure it out.

it doesn't look too bad... here is the wiki page:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Off...Repository

Looks like ideally they'd like you to use Git or SVN, but you can simply submit a zip file.

You have to have a license file, but you can just copy the creative commons one that is all of two sentences. May want to PM scarfa about that... not really sure how all the licensing works out. The addon.xml file will also require a version bump with each update.

Then you just join the mailing list and send them a link.

This would definitely make it easier to update. Just turn on the box and it'll auto-download the new skin.

noumenon
Kyle Reese Wrote:As usual, amazing skin; keep up the great work!

My only issue with the skin as it stands is that the shuffle function does not work in video playlists; if you click on "shuffle" nothing happens. I've tested this on 3 different machines, from macs to PCs and it doesn't work on any of them (other skins do shuffle, however).

Any chance of getting that fixed? Thanks!

It works but it is buggy. I use the feature also when I queue seasons of TV shows. The indicator that tells you if your shows are shuffle does not show the correct status sometimes. Just keep hitting shuffle then check you playlist.
chaoticmaster Wrote:It works but it is buggy. I use the feature also when I queue seasons of TV shows. The indicator that tells you if your shows are shuffle does not show the correct status sometimes. Just keep hitting shuffle then check you playlist.

I've tried doing that while I was actually looking at the playlist itself, the order never seems to change. Every once in a blue moon I can get the shuffle to work by continuously setting the playlist to shuffle mode before I add items to it and then it will shuffle them; but that never works often enough to use it as a workaround.
Some issues I have found:
- No addon config dialog
- Subtitle offset dialog shoud be at top
- Notifications dialog is too small

This is my favourite skin after confluence!!
Hirs Wrote:Some issues I have found:
- No addon config dialog
- Subtitle offset dialog shoud be at top
- Notifications dialog is too small

This is my favourite skin after confluence!!

No addon config dialog - NOW ADDED will be in next upload.
Subtitle offset dialog shoud be at top - Can you explain, I don't use subtitles?
Notifications dialog is too small - Whic dialog and what size TV are you using?
qualar Wrote:No addon config dialog - NOW ADDED will be in next upload.
Subtitle offset dialog shoud be at top - Can you explain, I don't use subtitles?
Notifications dialog is too small - Whic dialog and what size TV are you using?

This is a screenshot of the subtitle offset dialog, as you can see is over the subtitles, and makes difficult to syncronize them:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_lYSvGaBCYdI/TNKQGm...enshot.png

You can find the dialog in audio settings, confluence allready has it at the top

About the notifications dialog, for example when an addon update is avaliable, at the top left of the screen appears the notification, sometimes is hard to read the info, the dialog width is half the message width

With this two things I will definitely switch to your mod!
Hirs Wrote:This is a screenshot of the subtitle offset dialog, as you can see is over the subtitles, and makes difficult to syncronize them:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_lYSvGaBCYdI/TNKQGm...enshot.png

You can find the dialog in audio settings, confluence allready has it at the top

About the notifications dialog, for example when an addon update is avaliable, at the top left of the screen appears the notification, sometimes is hard to read the info, the dialog width is half the message width

With this two things I will definitely switch to your mod!
Rather than putting the subtitle offset dialog at the top of the screen. Would it not make more sense for me to just move it up an inch. That way you do not have to flick your eyes from top to bottom when making adjustments?
qualar Wrote:Rather than putting the subtitle offset dialog at the top of the screen. Would it not make more sense for me to just move it up an inch. That way you do not have to flick your eyes from top to bottom when making adjustments?

Actually, I read the subtitles and hear the dialogs at the same time to sync them, so the offset dialog position is not really important, I usually read it once I have finished syncing to know how many seconds is delayed/ahead. To ensure It won't hide the subtitles the top is a good position
Good job!

I am using the skin on a MacMini with Dharma Beta 4. I don't see the top bar (but maybe thats meant to be) and I cant get to the skin settings. The system menu only shows the Appearance entry. So I can't change the backgrounds for example.
Sundance Wrote:Good job!

I am using the skin on a MacMini with Dharma Beta 4. I don't see the top bar (but maybe thats meant to be) and I cant get to the skin settings. The system menu only shows the Appearance entry. So I can't change the backgrounds for example.

On main menu move to settings then press up that will allow you to select skin settings.
Kyle Reese Wrote:Absolutely; Confluence works just fine if you want to try that skin. Queue up like 5 episodes of something for instance, then go to "Now Playing" and shuffle the items, you'll see it randomizes your queued episodes.

Sounds trivial, but I use it all the time to queue a bunch of TV shows and randomize them to help me fall asleep Big Grin

Thanks for looking into it! Much appreciated!

Sorry because I have never used this feature I cannot find what you are need. I cannot even find a shuffle button.
Hirs Wrote:Actually, I read the subtitles and hear the dialogs at the same time to sync them, so the offset dialog position is not really important, I usually read it once I have finished syncing to know how many seconds is delayed/ahead. To ensure It won't hide the subtitles the top is a good position

Dialogs at top now - Will be in next upload.
Version 4.1 NOW UPLOADED.
hi!
there's a bug I've tried to fix but didn't manage: the back arrow icon, which appears basically everywhere in the skin has a very small resolution and upscales very badly on 1080p screens. This is visible in almost all of the view modes, especially in Showcase. I don't think it's necessary to make a new back icon, but I'd like to set it not to zoom in so much, maybe only to 150% most, but I couldn't find a way to set that.
there are other small bugs with this icon in some view modes. In Thumbnail and Fanart view the icon has a transparent background when it's selected (as it should), but has a white background when it's not.
another small problem is that when I enable DVD case frames, the back icon has a frame too.
could you point me to the xml file where this icon is handled?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Rapier Qualar MOD - Dharma Version4