• 7(current)
Transparency! FAQ / HowTo
Hello, someone knows because not I get for sorted in ascending or descending? Ordered by episode but out in descending order and find no way to change it. With the original skin if I get the option but I put Transparency! and not come out.

Where change that?

Thank you.

P.S: Sorry, do not speak English.
(2013-09-03, 09:25)DaRKeN Wrote: Hello, someone knows because not I get for sorted in ascending or descending? Ordered by episode but out in descending order and find no way to change it. With the original skin if I get the option but I put Transparency! and not come out.

Where change that?

Thank you.

P.S: Sorry, do not speak English.

press 'left' on keyboard/remote (or move mouse to the left side of the screen)
until the hidden side menu pops out.

use the up/down arrow to toggle between ascending and descending.

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Sorry, to do this here like this. I am new to the forum. I did not want to read every single post 10 pages long to figure this out. Should be a list of FAQ's with answers for them. I got this skin the latest running in Frodo, but I don't like how it shows Videos, and then Movies, which does exactly the same thing. Is there a way to remove one of them from the menu? I just looked in all the settings and I don't see any options to remove item from menu or add. I used other skins that have settings to do it. I just can't find it in Transparency skin.

Edit: I found it. Don't worry about.
The 'Video' button and 'Movie' button's are not the same. The 'Video' button is file mode and all content shows up, while Movie mode only shows the content of your library. You will need that 'Video' button back again if you lose a movie on an auto scrape, and if you've disabled the 'Movie' button the features of the library will be buried.
Sorry if this has been asked but I used the search tool and couldn't find a mention of my problems. I'm using Transparency! because it's easy-ish for this noob, but still pretty. I really like it and have been customizing but I can't solve these two problems..

I would like to set all of the movie lists to cover flow, but (for eg) when I open Mashup>New Releases/HD/3D it loads movie list cache every time (even though it says it will load instantly next time) and has reverted back to fan art display even though I left it in cover flow! Been through the skin settings and can't see anything that seems connected.

Next problem is shortcut icons. I like this skin because it's almost as easy as Confluence, but unlike Confluence, I can't seem to add shortcut icons to the home page. Is that just not possible?

Thanks Smile
It's ok, I needed to enable metadata in everything... still haven't figured out if shortcut icons are possible, so if anyone knows who would like to end my suffering?

After hours, and hours, and hours of tweaking, it's looking pretty damn good. I nearly had a heart attack when I restarted XBMC after my cuppa..it had reverted back to the old skin! I restarted again and it was miraculously back to normal.. Don't think I could have taken it if i'd lost all of my settings! I've been at this for 3 days, only stopping for work, food and drink.. I've even struggled to sleep because i'll have an amazing idea for the skin and need to do it before I forget!

What's the betting I get this just how I want it and then see another skin that I must have? I never knew this would be so addictive

Ok, one more thing, honest... Can someone please tell me how to save my skin settings so that if the tv box does crash or whatever, I can copy it back. And if you could tell me how to copy it back, that'd probably save time later.. I save my downloads etc, to my laptop.

Thanks again!
So, had some dinner, came back to the tv and for some reason, the fan-art dvd covers in my favourites *cover flow) had changed appearance. They're stretched, and look distorted although the animated background is still perfect. Had a look throught the settings for any resolution options, but nothing. Definitely didn't change any settings, just exited XBMC for a while, and when it restarted they were like that. The resolution is perfect on cover flow cases in other categories, it's just the favourites folder that I created that's been affected.

watch gallery

watch gallery

Tried to upload a pic via imgur, but the page won't open for me. I'm even having a problem with showing you the problem i'm having No

I'm aware i've been rambling to myself all afternoon, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2013-12-19, 16:51)AniMac Wrote: I would like to set all of the movie lists to cover flow, but (for eg) when I open Mashup>New Releases/HD/3D it loads movie list cache every time (even though it says it will load instantly next time) and has reverted back to fan art display even though I left it in cover flow! Been through the skin settings and can't see anything that seems connected.
by default, T! will use the fanart view for everything.
when you switch to a different view, xbmc will remember that choice,
so the next time you enter that section, it'll use the view you've previously selected.

i'm not sure if this holds true for addons too..
what i do know is that there are a few addons out there that enforce a certain view on the user.
it's hardcoded in the addon and can't be overruled by either the skin or the user.

(2013-12-19, 16:51)AniMac Wrote: Next problem is shortcut icons. I like this skin because it's almost as easy as Confluence, but unlike Confluence, I can't seem to add shortcut icons to the home page. Is that just not possible?

nope, you can add item to the main/submenu's on the homescreen,
but you can't add them as icons like in confluence.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-12-19, 18:59)AniMac Wrote: Ok, one more thing, honest... Can someone please tell me how to save my skin settings so that if the tv box does crash or whatever, I can copy it back. And if you could tell me how to copy it back, that'd probably save time later.. I save my downloads etc, to my laptop.

skin settings are stored in the guisettings.xml file. you can find it in your userdata folder.
just make a copy of that file for disaster recovery purposes.
if you ever want to restore that file, you can simply copy it back,
but make sure xbmc is NOT running at that time.
Oh, I didn't realise that! I think i'd be better off resetting the skin to undo all the clicking i've done. Definitely ballsed something up because every time I open Icefilms, it wants to download lots of fan art folders...very slowly. I'm going to search for info on the "reload skin" menu. It's just a game of tic tac toe/noughts & crosses??

Thanks Roni
(2013-12-20, 15:05)AniMac Wrote: I'm going to search for info on the "reload skin" menu.
reload skin... well, it just reloads the skin :-)
it's not really useful for anyone, unless your modding the skin and want to see your latest xml changes in effect.

(2013-12-20, 15:05)AniMac Wrote: It's just a game of tic tac toe/noughts & crosses??

heh, that's not related to the reload skin button at all.
it was just a fun project of me and i wanted to stash it somewhere in the skin.
A fun project to confuse poor noobs like me? Wink I played it for 20 mins though!!

Reset the skin but now seem to be missing fan art where there was fan art before, but lord knows I can't remember what I enabled..should've written it down.

I've given up on icefilms. It seems it was either no fan art or keep having these crazily slow downloads every time I started it. Cover art for movies was 223mb and was estimated to take 198 minutes. I left it downloading while I did some housework and when I checked back an hour later, it was only 4%!! I disabled metadata in the add-on settings, thinking that fan art would be supplied courtesy of Transparency!, but the cases and background were blank so I disabled it.

I quite like Alluc and i'm still in love with my 1Channel favourite tv show folder, even if the dvd case art is stretched.

I'll get the hang of it all, eventually....
(2013-12-20, 14:46)ronie Wrote:
(2013-12-19, 18:59)AniMac Wrote: Ok, one more thing, honest... Can someone please tell me how to save my skin settings so that if the tv box does crash or whatever, I can copy it back. And if you could tell me how to copy it back, that'd probably save time later.. I save my downloads etc, to my laptop.

skin settings are stored in the guisettings.xml file. you can find it in your userdata folder.
just make a copy of that file for disaster recovery purposes.
if you ever want to restore that file, you can simply copy it back,
but make sure xbmc is NOT running at that time.

Ronie, i'm so sorry to be a pain in the arse but how do I copy this to my USB stick? I plugged it in, exited XBMC, went to File Manager, opened userdata, copied the guisesettings..and then realised my USB wasn't showing up anywhere, so I had nowhere to copy it to!

I'm sorry, i've been a windows user for years and all of this stuff is like a foreign language at the mo. I presumed my USB would show up somewhere as an external drive??
(2013-12-20, 21:08)AniMac Wrote: Ronie, i'm so sorry to be a pain in the arse but how do I copy this to my USB stick? I plugged it in, exited XBMC, went to File Manager, opened userdata, copied the guisesettings..and then realised my USB wasn't showing up anywhere, so I had nowhere to copy it to!

I'm sorry, i've been a windows user for years and all of this stuff is like a foreign language at the mo. I presumed my USB would show up somewhere as an external drive??

hmm.. maybe you forgot to tell us what os you're currently using?
Bugger, sorry! Windows 7, but the XBMC is installed on an Android Box CDT-K25931/RK3188, and the USB is plugged into the box.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! FAQ / HowTo2