Win XBMC - Win 7 Startup Errors
Have a Linux RHEL 6.2 base machine which runs a VirtualMachine for Win7.
Installed XBMC on it and get the following error during startup. See log below...
CApplication::Create() failed - check log file and that it is writeable - This is wht i get when i run XBMC with a black screen.

Log - http://pastebin.com/MgypS0kU

1.Can this be fixed ?

2. What are my options ? Can i install XBMC on RHEL 6.2 version instead.. If so can someone provide me a guide.
Am a novice when it comes to Linux OS, so wanted to get this installed on the Windows side.

Any input is appreciated... Thanks.
You need some sort of proper graphics driver to run XBMC. Whether that will run properly under your virtual system or not I can not say. XBMC needs full DirectX support which means proper drivers for your GPU. You'll need to research your VirtualMachine support for how it handles GPU support.
What abt the log... is there anything that can be done to fix this wrt to permission errors etc..
Not sure about the VirtualMachine config.. How do i get that info from. Wht info am i specifically looking for... Any idea.
I'm pretty sure right now your issue is related to not being able to initiate the rendering system:

Code:
16:15:00 T:3924 WARNING: CRenderSystemDX::CreateDevice - initial wanted device config failed
16:15:00 T:3924   ERROR: CRenderSystemDX::CreateDevice - unable to create a device. 8876086A - D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE (Not available)
16:15:00 T:3924   FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init rendering system

Read up on the features of the VirtualMachine you are using, whether it is VMBox or VMware Player. That's all I can tell you about that, sorry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Win 7 Startup Errors0