• 2(current)
[MOD] Launcher Panels Views [WIP]
Hi there , i wanted to now if it is possible to add the poster view to the launcher ?
(sorry for my English i am from Germany ^^)

THX @ ALL
Evilware Wrote:Hi there , i wanted to now if it is possible to add the poster view to the launcher ?
Yes, I think I will be able to add the poster view to this mod.

Actually I'm working on the Launcher Addon to add support of additionnal informations like genre, release date, publisher and game plot into the launchers.xml file, like this :

Code:
<rom>
<name>Legend of zelda - a link to the past</name>
<filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/roms/Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past.smc</filename>
<thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/covers/Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past.jpg</thumb>
<fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/fanarts/Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past.jpg</fanart>
<genre>Action-adventure</genre>
<release>1991</release>
<company>Nintendo</company>
<plot>An evil sorcerer named Agahnim gains control of Hyrule and uses his power to free Ganon from his prison in the Dark World. After rescuing Princess Zelda from Agahnim's grasp, Link frees the descendents of the Seven Sages and strengthens the magical seals designed to keep Ganon safely locked away.</plot>
</rom>

And in parallel, I'm also working on this mode to display those informations into Alsaka Revisited, like below :

Really BIG THX for your great work, i can´t wait ,looking forward to it ^^ .
Also looking forward to it! Smile
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
Ok, this is the second version of my MOD for the Alaska Revisted theme for the Launcher Addon use.
This version add support of fanarts and additionnal games or roms information like : game genre, release date, game plot, publisher.

Download:
launcher.panels.views.20101009.zip
The Launcher Panels Views MOD avec been tested on XBMC (SVN 34593) using Alaska Revisited v1.7.1 and Launcher v1.10.2

Installation:
1. Download the zip file and extract the 3 files (Viewtype_Emu_Square_Panel.xml, Viewtype_Emu_Tall_Panel.xml and Viewtype_Emu_Wide_Panel.xml) into /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/

2. Add the following line to /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/MyPrograms.xml just after <allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>
Code:
<views>55,500,501,502</views>

3. Then, add the following lines to /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/MyPrograms.xml just after <include>Viewtype_Files</include>
Code:
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Wide_Panel</include>
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Square_Panel</include>
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Tall_Panel</include>

4. Next, add the following lines to /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/Includes.xml just before <include file="Viewtype_Panel.xml" />
Code:
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Wide_Panel.xml" />
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Square_Panel.xml" />
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Tall_Panel.xml" />

5. Add the following lines at the end of /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/language/English/strings.xml before </strings>
Code:
<string id="40000">WIDE COVERS</string>
<string id="40001">SQUARE COVERS</string>
<string id="40002">TALL COVERS</string>

6.Finally, replace the /addons/plugin.program.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py code (v1.10.2) by this one : http://pastebin.com/4DvuZiVi

Example of square covers (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
    <name>Kingdom hearts - chain of memories</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/gameboyadvance/roms/Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories.gba</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/gameboyadvance/covers/Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/gameboyadvance/fanarts/Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories.jpg</fanart>
    <genre>Role-Playing</genre>
    <release>2004</release>
    <publisher>Square Enix</publisher>
    <gameplot>Sora, the Kingdom Hearts' hero from the first game, wanders into a castle where he and his companions, Donald and Goofy, realize their magic and skills, earned in the first game, have been completely stripped away. Sora must traverse the castle on his own this time.</gameplot>
</rom>
Example or tall covers (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
    <name>Sonic and knuckles</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/roms/Sonic and Knuckles.bin</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/covers/Sonic and Knuckles.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/fanarts/Sonic and Knuckles.jpg</fanart>
    <genre>Action</genre>
    <release>1994</release>
    <publisher>Sonic Team</publisher>
    <gameplot>While Sonic may have defeated Robotnik's Death Egg in Sonic the Hedgehog 3, good villains never die (at least not in video games), they only get nastier. Now Sonic  must ensure the bald one doesn't cause any more trouble on Floating Island. He'll also have to deal with the island's guardian, Knuckles, since the echidna doesn't especially like Sonic poking his blue face around where he doesn't belong.</gameplot>
</rom>
Example fof wide covers (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
    <name>Legend of zelda - a link to the past</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/roms/Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past.smc</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/covers/Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/fanarts/Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past.jpg</fanart>
    <genre>Action-adventure</genre>
    <release>1991</release>
    <publisher>Nintendo</publisher>
    <gameplot>The land of Hyrule is thrown into turmoil. Ravaged by disasters and pestilence, the country quickly embraces the wizard Agahnim when he uses his magic to restore order. But not all is at it seems. A Link to the Past begins with a distress call from Princess Zelda, who speaks to young hero Link through his dreams.</gameplot>
</rom>

Actually the scrapper of the launcher adddon only support (more or less) the automatic add/importation of covers images (thumbs). For the other information (screenshot, games genre and games plot) you have to add them manually into the userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.launcher/launchers.xml file. That's not perfect, I know, but it is better than nothing. Have fun !!!
Working great... finally a use for all the covers/screenshots I've amassed Thank You!
This is the third version of my MOD for the Alaska Revisted theme for the Launcher Addon use.
This version add a new view (Landscape) to view emulated consoles. I have also cleaned the xml code (removing unnecessary lines) and fixed some layouts bugs (images and texts).

Download:
launcher.panels.views.20101011.zip
The Launcher Panels Views MOD avec been tested on XBMC (SVN 34593) using Alaska Revisited v1.7.1 and Launcher v1.10.2

Installation:
1. Download the zip file and extract the 4 files (Viewtype_Emu_Square_Panel.xml, Viewtype_Emu_Tall_Panel.xml, Viewtype_Emu_Wide_Panel.xml and Viewtype_Emu_Landscape.xml) into /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/

2. Add the following line to /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/MyPrograms.xml just after <allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>
Code:
<views>55,500,501,502,503</views>

3. Then, add the 4 following lines to /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/MyPrograms.xml just after <include>Viewtype_Files</include>
Code:
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Wide_Panel</include
<include>Viewtype_Emu_Square_Panel</include><include>Viewtype_Emu_Tall_Panel</include><include>Viewtype_Emu_Landscape</include>

4. Next, add the 4 following lines to /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/720p/Includes.xml just before <include file="Viewtype_Panel.xml" />
Code:
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Wide_Panel.xml" />
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Square_Panel.xml" />
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Tall_Panel.xml" />
<include file="Viewtype_Emu_Landscape.xml" />

5. Add the following 4 lines at the end of /addons/skin.alaska.revisited/language/English/strings.xml before </strings>
Code:
<string id="40000">PANEL SQUARE</string>
<string id="40001">PANEL TALL</string>
<string id="40002">Manufacturer</string>
<string id="40003">Year</string>

6.Finally, replace the /addons/plugin.program.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py code (v1.10.2) by this one : http://pastebin.com/jYZZYYzg

Example of the consoles landscape view (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<launcher>
    <name>Nintendo 64</name>
    <application>/usr/bin/mupen64plus</application>
    <args>--nogui --noask --noosd --fullscreen </args>
    <rompath>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/roms/</rompath>
    <romext>z64</romext>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/nintendo64/console.png</thumb>
    <fanart></fanart>
    <genre>64-bit</genre>
    <release>1996</release>
    <publisher>Nintendo</publisher>
    <launcherplot></launcherplot>
    <wait>true</wait>
    <roms>
    </roms>
</launcher>
Example of square covers (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
    <name>Kingdom hearts - chain of memories</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/gameboyadvance/roms/Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories.gba</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/gameboyadvance/covers/Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/gameboyadvance/fanarts/Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories.jpg</fanart>
    <release>2004</release>
    <publisher>Square Enix</publisher>
    <gameplot>Sora, the Kingdom Hearts' hero from the first game, wanders into a castle where he and his companions, Donald and Goofy, realize their magic and skills, earned in the first game, have been completely stripped away. Sora must traverse the castle on his own this time.</gameplot>
</rom>
Example of tall covers (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
    <name>Phantasy star iv</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/roms/Phantasy Star IV.bin</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/covers/Phantasy Star IV.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/genesis/fanarts/Phantasy Star IV.jpg</fanart>
    <release>1994</release>
    <publisher>Sega</publisher>
    <gameplot>When the central computer system of Palma, Mother Brain, exploded 2000 years ago, the planet was destroyed. Other planets under the control of Mother Brain were affected as well, including Motavia, home of Chaz the Hunter. The deterioration of Motavia most notably included the creation of horrendous Bio-Monsters. As Phantasy Star IV begins, Chaz is not aware that it is in his destiny to not only stop these monsters -- but also to save the galaxy.</gameplot>
</rom>
Example of wide covers (and corresponding launchers.xml code lines)

Code:
<rom>
    <name>International superstar soccer</name>
    <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/roms/International Superstar Soccer.smc</filename>
    <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/covers/International Superstar Soccer.jpg</thumb>
    <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/fanarts/International Superstar Soccer.jpg</fanart>
    <genre>Sport</genre>
    <release>1995</release>
    <publisher>Konami</publisher>
    <gameplot>Konami's International Superstar Soccer, which is endorsed by star player Carlos Valderrama  of Colombia, is a soccer game featuring 36 countries from around the world and the chance to play in the International Cup tournament.</gameplot>
</rom>

Actually the scrapper of the launcher adddon only support (more or less) the automatic add/importation of covers images (thumbs). For the other information (screenshot, games genre and games plot) you have to add them manually into the userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.launcher/launchers.xml file. That's still not perfect, but it works.
WOW , thx that is GREAT ^^
Angelscry, I just want you to know that Im greatly thankful for all ur hard work with these views. I was just wondering if you could possibly add a banner view for arcade marquees. Id like to add my mame collection to launcher but none of these views work well with very wide images. If you dont feel like doing the work thats fine. It would be very much appreciated if you did though Smile
reienno Wrote:Angelscry, I just want you to know that Im greatly thankful for all ur hard work with these views. I was just wondering if you could possibly add a banner view for arcade marquees. Id like to add my mame collection to launcher but none of these views work well with very wide images. If you dont feel like doing the work thats fine. It would be very much appreciated if you did though Smile
Do you mean something like this?

OMG!!! Yes EXACTLY like that. Thank you soooo freakin much. Sorry it took so long to reply. Iv been at work all day. But yeah I seriously cant tell you how gratefull i am Smile
How would i go about making this viewtype?
reienno Wrote:How would i go about making this viewtype?
I will try to release the next version of my MOD, with the marquee view this evening. It is 7:30AM now, but I must go working.
I also just want to say thank you for your hard work. I'm so glad someone finally decided to make a gorgeous integration of the launcher plugin. Hopefully this is the first step to native support!
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
+1... Great work, this is lookin' good Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Launcher Panels Views [WIP]1