• 7(current)
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon
kobyboy Wrote:What about a possible script for showing status and post from friends and such?
thanks K
Well, I think that is outside the scope of what I'm trying to do with this app. Personally, though I've thought about it, I have no immediate plans to write an app for more general Facebook stuff.
This version lets your back button/key exit the app.

http://facebook-media.googlecode.com/fil...-0.5.6.zip

Also fixed is the infinite loop problem on failed authorization forms in webviewer. If you want that you'll need to update Web Viewer from below:

http://webviewer-xbmc.googlecode.com/fil...-0.8.3.zip
ruuk Wrote:I'll fix it.

Sheesh, everyones so picky. "Get rid of that endless loop." "Let me close the app without shutting down my computer." Next it'll be "Make it stop formatting my hard drive every time it starts" Wink

Seriously though, thanks for the testing and feedback.

Hi Ruuk,

Seems to be working fine now...

When viewing pictures , is there a way to switch of the photostrip?
It covers 25% of the photo's.

Only a question?

Greetings,
Koen
hi Ruuk,

When i select a friend and i want to see my friend his friends, i allways get
No friends or not authorized

But if i use my computer direct on facebook i can see his friends.

The same fault on photoalbums of some friends.

Greetings,
Koen
ruuk, you are really funny ..just like your bug fixing abilities Big Grin Big Grin
installed them both - still looping.
It's present even if I try to escape from the first prompt without entering anything - just restarts the script and the prompt reappears.
I can drop a log if it'd help..
btw this thread should be in Programs
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
koro Wrote:Hi Ruuk,
Seems to be working fine now...

Thanks for letting me know Smile

koro Wrote:When viewing pictures , is there a way to switch of the photostrip?
It covers 25% of the photo's.
Koen

When the browsing with the filmstrip, the background image is meant only as a preview. When you select it you see the whole image unobscured (except for the tags list which auto-fades)
koro Wrote:hi Ruuk,

When i select a friend and i want to see my friend his friends, i allways get
No friends or not authorized

But if i use my computer direct on facebook i can see his friends.

The same fault on photoalbums of some friends.

Greetings,
Koen

That is actually normal behavior. Applications on Facebook don't get exactly the same permissions as the user. I believe album visibility is based on the users privacy settings. I've only been able to see friends of friends (I think) when the user in question also is using the Facebook-Media addon.

I should probably make that more clear in the 'Unauthorized' dialog.
I'll also see if they've added any more authorization permissions that I can add to the app to make these visible. I did try to find them originally, but I could find none that applied.
macf1an Wrote:ruuk, you are really funny ..just like your bug fixing abilities Big Grin Big Grin
I try to inject as much comedy into my bug fixing as possible. Sure it doesn't make the bugs go away, but at least you can smile as all your data gets wiped.

macf1an Wrote:installed them both - still looping.
It's present even if I try to escape from the first prompt without entering anything - just restarts the script and the prompt reappears.
I can drop a log if it'd help..
btw this thread should be in Programs

A log would be great. Myself, I got it to loop, changed the code, and the looping stopped. Without a log, I'll just have to assume you are in an alternate universe where instead of fixing the bug, I sat around watching TV all day, which in this universe is merely what I would like to do Smile
Quote:
ruuk Wrote:Thanks for letting me know Smile

When the browsing with the filmstrip, the background image is meant only as a preview. When you select it you see the whole image unobscured (except for the tags list which auto-fades)

Hi Ruuk,

Tnx for the reply...

Is it possible to go to the next full size photo withou going back to the photostrip?

About the authorized... when i try it on some different freinds, sometimes it works and sometimes i get the authorized screen... strange, not?

Keep up the good work..
Koen
maybe it's worth noting before I manage to get a log that I'm using the config from my signature - ATV2 has only one button for quitting..
ruuk Wrote:A log would be great.

xbmc.log
Send by XBMC Log Analyser
koro Wrote:Is it possible to go to the next full size photo withou going back to the photostrip?
Well, if you start a slide show you can do that, but of course that won't let you also see the tags. I'll look into adding that.

koro Wrote:About the authorized... when i try it on some different freinds, sometimes it works and sometimes i get the authorized screen... strange, not?
Yeah I really think it has to do with how each user has their privacy set. Unless you mean it sometimes works/doesn't work on the same friend...
This should fix the infinite loop problem that happens when authorization fails on a fresh install.

Get it here:

http://facebook-media.googlecode.com/fil...-0.5.7.zip

Thanks for the log macf1an. It got me looking in the right direction. I deleted my settings file and when I got to the login prompt and tried to back out, I got the loop as you described. It only happens when there are no users saved in settings, which is why I didn't see it before. Anyway, let me know how it goes Smile
ruuk Wrote:Well, if you start a slide show you can do that, but of course that won't let you also see the tags. I'll look into adding that....

This is not urgent, Ruuk, but thanks anyway..

ruuk Wrote:Yeah I really think it has to do with how each user has their privacy set. Unless you mean it sometimes works/doesn't work on the same friend...

Hi Ruuk, no, it's like you said, it's on different friends...
Hi Ruuk, I just installed the Facebook plugin in my apple tv xbmc. But I facing an error called errono 13 permission denied. Please help me solve this problem

Thanks,
Arman
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon2