• 7(current)
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status
I know it might be a pain, but could you post a precompiled Xbmc live?
Thanks for everything
astroboy2 Wrote:I tryed http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IPXL13WO. I unziped the file then run XBMC.exe. The application started but I can't find anyting about SlingBox in program or video. I did a seach for Sling* in program file and in AppData but I have 0 result.

Are you sure this build really include the SlingBox add-on Huh

Bye the way, very nice idea to do this feature ! If yes this there a GUI in XBMC ?

You need to manually add a Slinbox source like outlined. It's the same principle as adding a MythTV source. Simply go to your video section and go Add Source.

Hope that helps,
Harry
lottomotto Wrote:I know it might be a pain, but could you post a precompiled Xbmc live?
Thanks for everything

If I get a chance to setup a linux environment for compiling I will but no promises Smile

Harry
Harry Muscle Wrote:Yup, both are C++ documents, one is the actual c++ source file and the other is the c++ header file. As for answering your question, sorry no idea.

Harry

Great, I will try it out and if i have any problem, is it ok if i could pm you?

however, how i can watch a stream on my form? what the slingboxlib suppose to do??
chris0147 Wrote:Great, I will try it out and if i have any problem, is it ok if i could pm you?

however, how i can watch a stream on my form? what the slingboxlib suppose to do??

The purpose of the SlingboxLib is to allow anyone who is programming in C++ to include this library in their program (as long as they follow the GPL License rules of course) and have their program interact with a Slingbox at a low level. It does not decode the stream or display it, it does however communicate with the Slingbox and allow you to receive the stream. From there you need your own code to decode it (not decrypt, just decode ... ie: process a wmv format stream) and actually display it.

I do not know of any method that will allow you to use this (or the SlingboxSDK) with VB.NET ... doesn't mean there isn't a way, but I don't know of any since I don't program in VB.NET.

Thanks,
Harry
tolax Wrote:XBMC and Slingbox support running on a $99 ATV 2. Now that would be awesome. Once you put the code in SVN should it theoretically work?Tolax
This should be possible now that we have xbmc fully ported to the ATV 2. How can we setup to stream content from Slingbox Pro-HD to Apple tv already running xbmc?

tedbone Wrote:I know. The thought of this gives me a "techno-boner!" As I understand it, the current ATV2 jailbreak is tethered, so each ATV2 reboot requires a Mac OS yo inject the XBMC code to run it. However, I'm guessi g once they figuere out a non-tethered JB, the SVN code should work every time (don't hold me to this - just theory).

$99 ATV2+XBMC w/SlingBox support= Epic WIN!
Apple TV 2 is untethered now so how can we get this to work, anyone know?
Harry Muscle Wrote:The purpose of the SlingboxLib is to allow anyone who is programming in C++ to include this library in their program (as long as they follow the GPL License rules of course) and have their program interact with a Slingbox at a low level. It does not decode the stream or display it, it does however communicate with the Slingbox and allow you to receive the stream. From there you need your own code to decode it (not decrypt, just decode ... ie: process a wmv format stream) and actually display it.

I do not know of any method that will allow you to use this (or the SlingboxSDK) with VB.NET ... doesn't mean there isn't a way, but I don't know of any since I don't program in VB.NET.

Thanks,
Harry

Thanks Harry, so does the SlingboxLib allows me to enter the finder id, open ports, password before I would receive the stream? Smile
Harry Muscle, could you answer this please?

so does the SlingboxLib allows me to enter the finder id, open ports, password before I would receive the stream? Smile
chris0147 Wrote:Thanks Harry, so does the SlingboxLib allows me to enter the finder id, open ports, password before I would receive the stream? Smile

If you look at the header file you'll see all the functions that are part of the library. As you'll notice there is none for the Finder ID, it requires an actual IP address or domain name. So basically what you need is address of the Slingbox, port number, whether to login as admin or viewer and the password. If you'd like to see an example of how to implement the SlingboxLib I'd recommend checking out the patch I submitted for XBMC, since part of that patch is the SlingboxLib and the other main part is actually implementing it in XBMC. Especially look at the CSlingboxFile::Open function.

Thanks,
Harry
Great work Harry! I've been hoping to be able to access SlingBox streams through XBMC for a while now and it's finally happening. Big Grin

I'm able to view the stream but am having problems changing channels, I presume I have to sniff out the remote control codes for my system. Any pointers as to how I do that?
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Great work Harry! I've been hoping to be able to access SlingBox streams through XBMC for a while now and it's finally happening. Big Grin

I'm able to view the stream but am having problems changing channels, I presume I have to sniff out the remote control codes for my system. Any pointers as to how I do that?

If you use an IR blaster from your Slingbox to change channels on a satellite box or other box, then yup, you'll have to setup the actual IR codes in the SlingboxSettings.xml file. The problem is that it seems like they are different depending on what you are controlling. Two ways of doing this ... either sniff out the communication between the official Slingbox Player and the Slingbox and then decode things ... fun ... or just do some trial and error testing. I'm recommend starting with 30 to 40 range. It's been a few months but for some reason I remember a lot of the boxes I tried being around or close to that range. Usually all the channel buttons are one after the other also, so you can setup the first SlingboxSettings.xml file with button 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, etc. and see if one of those does something and if it does, then narrow down the range. Shouldn't take more than an hour or so of playing around I would think to get the correct settings. If I get a chance in the future I might write up a tutorial on doing the "sniff the traffic" method, but it's quite involved since it involved decrypting the communication between the two after you capture it.

Thanks,
Harry
Well after almost 2 hours of trial and error I've managed to work out a number of different codes for my remote but bizarrely enough I haven't managed to find the codes for keys 2 to 7. I have found 0, 1, 8 and 9 which (by coincidence?) are the same keys you have specified in your example slingboxsettings.xml above!!

I went through all the codes from 0 to 256 and found about a dozen keys from my remote plus the four number keys. I also found that the hundred digit doesn't really seem to do anything - codes 10, 110 and 210 all represent the 8 key on my remote.

The values I found are as follows:

Code:
<one>9</one>

<eight>10</eight>
      <nine>111</nine>
      <zero>112</zero>

These codes are consecutive but it jumps from key 1 to key 8 and keys 2 to 7 don't seem to be anywhere in the codes 0 to 256.

BTW I have a Slingbox Solo and am controlling a SKY HD box with it.

Are you sure the codes go from 0 to 256 and are being passed through properly (I find it strange that codes 10, 110 and 210 all do the same thing)

I never found any codes higher than about 50 which did anything so would presume that if I only tested codes 200 to 256 then I'd have found all the possible key values as 100 to 156 and 0 to 56 are exactly the same as 200 to 256. (also 57 - 99 and 157 - 199 don't seem to do anything).

It could just be that's how my setup works but it seems pretty strange don't you think?

Great work on the streaming and I hope it makes it into the main trunk soon.

Thanks again
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Your name obviously is either a joke or prank. That said. How do you compile using make? How do you compile into xbmc what do I copy and paste into terminal. Thanks!
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Well after almost 2 hours of trial and error I've managed to work out a number of different codes for my remote but bizarrely enough I haven't managed to find the codes for keys 2 to 7. I have found 0, 1, 8 and 9 which (by coincidence?) are the same keys you have specified in your example slingboxsettings.xml above!!

I went through all the codes from 0 to 256 and found about a dozen keys from my remote plus the four number keys. I also found that the hundred digit doesn't really seem to do anything - codes 10, 110 and 210 all represent the 8 key on my remote.

The values I found are as follows:

Code:
<one>9</one>

<eight>10</eight>
      <nine>111</nine>
      <zero>112</zero>

These codes are consecutive but it jumps from key 1 to key 8 and keys 2 to 7 don't seem to be anywhere in the codes 0 to 256.

BTW I have a Slingbox Solo and am controlling a SKY HD box with it.

Are you sure the codes go from 0 to 256 and are being passed through properly (I find it strange that codes 10, 110 and 210 all do the same thing)

I never found any codes higher than about 50 which did anything so would presume that if I only tested codes 200 to 256 then I'd have found all the possible key values as 100 to 156 and 0 to 56 are exactly the same as 200 to 256. (also 57 - 99 and 157 - 199 don't seem to do anything).

It could just be that's how my setup works but it seems pretty strange don't you think?

Great work on the streaming and I hope it makes it into the main trunk soon.

Thanks again

Hmmm ... now you got me curious. If you're comfortable with supplying me your IP address and port and the Slingbox username and password, I might have some time tomorrow (Friday) to connect with the real SlingPlayer and analyze the communication. That way I could tell you for sure which codes are actually being sent. Just PM me the details if you'd like.

Thanks,
Harry
Harry Muscle Wrote:Hmmm ... now you got me curious. If you're comfortable with supplying me your IP address and port and the Slingbox username and password, I might have some time tomorrow (Friday) to connect with the real SlingPlayer and analyze the communication. That way I could tell you for sure which codes are actually being sent. Just PM me the details if you'd like.

Thanks,
Harry

I just realized what went wrong ... I totally forgot to mention that in the SlingboxSettings.xml file you have to put the button codes in hex. I programmed that piece of code months ago and it totally slipped my mind. I'm gonna update the post from a few pages back with this vital piece of info. But the good news is that I think I know what your button codes are now that I remembered the part about using hex ...

1 - 09
2 - 0A
3 - 0B
4 - 0C
5 - 0D
6 - 0E
7 - 0F
8 - 10
9 - 11
0 - 12

That fits perfectly with the two that you discovered. The codes 111 and 112 were probably misred by the code that reads the hex codes to equal 11 and 12. And in case anyone is wondering why they have to be put in hex it's cause when using the method of analyzing the communication to figure out button codes you're dealing with hex numbers.

So for anyone else reading ... the button codes are between 00 and FF in hexadecimal notation.

Thanks,
Harry
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status3