close osd when subtitles is launched
Hey ronie, what line would I have to add to the video osd xml to have it close when subtitles addon button is pressed?

thanks

EDIT: PS I just wanted to let you know that I set up the addons as a submenu selection to settings. But when I select it, it always opens an empty window, and when I press backspace, then I can see the addons menu, just fyi
aptalca Wrote:Hey ronie, what line would I have to add to the video osd xml to have it close when subtitles addon button is pressed?

haven't tested it myself, but try this:
Code:
<control type="button" id="9040">
    <description>Subtitles Menu</description>
    <posx>240</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>32</width>
    <height>32</height>
    <label>-</label>
    <font>-</font>
    <texturenofocus>osd-subs-nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
    <texturefocus>osd-subs-focus.png</texturefocus>
    <onclick>RunScript($INFO[Skin.String(SubsScript_Path)])</onclick>
[b]    <onclick>Dialog.Close(videoosd)</onclick>[/b]
    <onleft>913</onleft>
    <onright>915</onright>
    <onup>9040</onup>
    <ondown>9040</ondown>
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(SubsScript_Enable)</visible>
</control>

aptalca Wrote:EDIT: PS I just wanted to let you know that I set up the addons as a submenu selection to settings. But when I select it, it always opens an empty window, and when I press backspace, then I can see the addons menu, just fyi

cheers, i'll check that as soon as i get home.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Worked like a charm
thanks a lot
as for the addon problem, i'll consider it to be an xbmc issue for now:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80165

let's wait and see what the pros have to say. :-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
aptalca Wrote:PS I just wanted to let you know that I set up the addons as a submenu selection to settings. But when I select it, it always opens an empty window, and when I press backspace, then I can see the addons menu, just fyi

fixed in T! svn.

thanx again for reporting the issue. :-)
thx for the fix
ronie Wrote:haven't tested it myself, but try this:
Code:
<control type="button" id="9040">
    <description>Subtitles Menu</description>
    <posx>240</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>32</width>
    <height>32</height>
    <label>-</label>
    <font>-</font>
    <texturenofocus>osd-subs-nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
    <texturefocus>osd-subs-focus.png</texturefocus>
    <onclick>RunScript($INFO[Skin.String(SubsScript_Path)])</onclick>
[b]    <onclick>Dialog.Close(videoosd)</onclick>[/b]
    <onleft>913</onleft>
    <onright>915</onright>
    <onup>9040</onup>
    <ondown>9040</ondown>
    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(SubsScript_Enable)</visible>
</control>

This works really well, except, when T! is updated and video osd xml gets overwritten, my changes are reverted back. I was wondering if there is a way (just like the keymap xmls) where you can create another video osd xml and xbmc uses whatever is in that file over what's in the actual one?

Or better yet, would you be interested in actually implementing that in T!? :-) Because I can't think of a good reason why people would prefer the osd menu to stay open after going into subtitles addon. Currently, the subtitles addon automatically starts playing the video upon downloading the subtitle and closes itself. But then the osd menu remains open while video is playing, blocking the subtitles. (It gets especially annoying if you're using sublight as the subtitle source, because it implements a 15 second wait period due to ads, so it goes like this: 1) open osd 2) click on subtitle button 3) select subtitle 4) set down remote and wait 15 seconds 5) subtitles addon automatically closes and starts playing the video 6) grab remote again to close osd :-)

Thanks
sound reasonable, i'll add it. ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
close osd when subtitles is launched0