Audio Dropouts - Anyone Having them...Or HAD them?
yurys Wrote:So, apparently, the ION internal sound device (outputting to HDMI) doesn't properly support rates other than 48KHz.

This is incorrect. The ION hardware supports all sample rates up to 192kHz. I suspect your problem is with Pulseaudio.
Balthazaar Wrote:I suspect your problem is with Pulseaudio.
Then why restarting PulseAudio wouldn't solve it? I followed this procedure (including disabling autospawn). BTW, the PulseAudio log before/after suspend shows no difference.
PulseAudio is a usual suspect when audio problems arise. It caused all kinds of hell, in the past. Try getting rid of PulseAudio and see the difference.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
yurys Wrote:Then why restarting PulseAudio wouldn't solve it?

Restarting PA won't help. There will be nothing in the PA log. PA is operating as it supposed to. For reasons of simplicity when using xbmc, I agree with hudo and recommend you remove PA.
Thanks everyone for your help. As this computer isn't used only to run XBMC and I have a working solution with custom asoundrc, I won't give up on PulseAudio yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Dropouts - Anyone Having them...Or HAD them?0