Dharma Beta 2 issue
I finally got it installed and will begin playing with it. There is an installation issue however related to ubuntu 10.4 which is the kernel it is based upon.

The logitech DiNovo keyboard will not work. Having no keyboard really makes installation tough. The DiNovo keyboard comes with a USB Dongle that is a bluetooth device. The keyboard talks to the dongle, the dongle to the PC via the USB port.

The PC I am using is the Asrock ION 330 which has no bios issues dealing with the DiNovo keyboard. Grub2 and Grub legacy are also fine.

The issues is in the module /lib/udev/rules.d/. To fix the bug in Dharma (Ubuntu 10.4 kernel) to allow the Logitech DiNovo USB Bluetooth keyboard system to operate I did the following:

Using a Ubuntu 9.04 I have in another partition on the hdd, and logged in as root:

Edit the file: /lib/udev/rules.d/70-hid2hci.rules Change this line in the section name : # Logitech devices

KERNEL=="hiddev*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c70[345abce]|c71[34bc]", \RUN+="hid2hci --method=logitech-hid --devpath=%p"

to
KERNEL=="hidraw*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c70[345abce]|c71[34bc]", \RUN+="hid2hci --method=logitech-hid --devpath=%p"

Note: the only thing changed is the Kernel clause from "hiddev*" to "hidraw*"

I am not sure how the developers will want to handle this. If I need to post this elsewhere (Bug reports?) let me know. I do believe the Ubuntu developers do know about it.
Same issue here, keyboard not working and ive tried several fixes Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma Beta 2 issue0