weather fanart conditional background
Hey Ronie,

I just wanted to let you know that a couple of the conditional weather backgrounds are off in T! 3.10.

For night time, for either partial cloudy or cloudy (I can't remember which exactly at the moment) it shows a daytime cloudy picture.

And for night time "Fair', it shows a daytime hazy picture where it is semi dark, but there is clearly a sun above. Perhaps that one could be switched to the pic weather-31.jpg (although the moon is obnoxiously huge :-)
thanx, i'll look into it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
aptalca Wrote:For night time, for either partial cloudy or cloudy (I can't remember which exactly at the moment) it shows a daytime cloudy picture.

can't find it i'm afraid, both these are nighttime pictures:
weather-27 : Mostly Cloudy Night
weather-29 : Partly Cloudy Night
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hmm, I swear it was 3am and the picture was a daytime picture.

I guess I'll have to wait until we get a cloudy night again :-) (unless there is a way to manually manipulate that, but I doubt it)

I'll let you know, thanks
if you happen to catch it, navigate to
Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Home - Weather
and check what number is displayed in the path below the image.
sure thing, will do

thanks
I must be really lucky, because tonight is "cloudy" :-)

It is 8pm where I am. The weather icon in the upper right corner shows a logo with clouds, no sun or moon

and the conditional background that is displayed is number 26.

btw, the description just says "cloudy", not mostly or partial

EDIT: I must be really really lucky. I changed the city to Baltimore (2 hrs from where I am)

There, the weather description is "mostly cloudy", the background is a correct number 27

and the logo in the upper right corner shows a cloudy pic with a moon in the background

EDIT2: Now it started raining :-) and the night time background for "light rain" is number 11, a daytime picture. probably should be switched to number 10
as long as the image matched the weather condition all is fine as far as i'm concerned.

as for the day/night issue, it seems like the same weather conditions are used for day and nighttime, so there's no way to work around it.

a list of codes/conditions is available here:
http://developer.yahoo.com/weather/
ahh I see now. I didn't realize the day/night selection was solely dependent on the code in the rss feed. I thought the skin received a single code for weather condition (independent of day or night) and displayed a different picture for day and night depending on the time of the day (computer clock?)

It all makes sense now as "cloudy" does not seem to have separate day or night codes.

I'll stop obsessing then :-)

thanks a lot for the link

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
weather fanart conditional background0