[LIVE] 9.11 Installation failure
Hello Guys,

After having some trouble with a botched xbmc upgrade, I decided to try and re-install xbmc.

However, After burning multiple DVDs, and two CDs, and formatting the HDDs individually numerous times, and trying to install to various hard drives, I'm getting the same error no matter what I do, "Failure to install GRUB Boot loader" and upon supervising the install, it gets to around 13-14% when the install skips to about 90% and then pops up with a red error screen, "FAILURE TO INSTALL GRUB" and I cannot get past this, even if I try installing LILO, I have no success.

Thanks, Kris
Anyone?
Since noone else is answering...not sure if it applies, but I saw something about clearing the mbr. It was the solution for somebody. You can google that and see if seem to be your problem.

The only other idea is that I have had problems with corrupt CD and I also have had problem using DVD instead of CD.
Unrelated question, but why are you trying to install such an old version. Grab one of the dharma beta's and start from there.

If you have issues with installing the livecd or find it too difficult, try openelec.tv and their usb installer - its the quickest way to setup a dedicated xbmc appliance.
As I say, I've had a fully working install before, and I thought the issue came from the Dharma beta, hence I tried installing 9.11 again. Thanks for that suggestion vikjon, I'll try it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] 9.11 Installation failure0