Two XBMC Builds on the one PC - same Windows User Account ???
Question 
I was hoping to see if it was possible, as I have not had much success.

With the old Xbox it was possible to have two builds of XBMC.

I am hoping to achieve unde the same Windows User Account the installation of two builds of XBMC:

1 - Being Stable Camelot with PM3.HD as the skin
2 - Being Dharma Beat 2 with Aeon 65

The reason for both is to be able to use the file play system in PM3.HD that i am used to and later move to creating a 'library' with Aeon.

So far, I have installed both installs in different directories (Camelot being portable) and yet when I change settings in one it changes the settings in the other.

Therefore, is it possible to have two builds under the same Windows User Account? Further, if not, is it possible to have two sets of settings for the one install?

-Alex
Yes, you just need to run both installations in portable mode.

Portable mode just means running XBMC.exe with the command line argument -p. There's nothing special in the installation. Dharma removed the option for portable mode from the installer because it used to cause such chaos, but portable mode will still work. Just right click the icons you use to run XBMC, select Properties and in the Target field chack that the -p option is there e.g.

"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -p

Without the -p both installations will use your profile (%appdata%\xbmc) and as you've found they will share the settings.

JR
Ignore this!
jhsrennie - You were absolutely spot on. A big thank you for enabling me to do what I needed to do.

It worked like a charm!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two XBMC Builds on the one PC - same Windows User Account ???0