Mac Mini 2010 CD ripping issue?
Hi Guys,

Im pretty new to XBMC, the concept is cool and sort of works for me at the moment. The issue i am having is that XBMC will not let me rip a CD at all and if i try playing a CD which i have inserted it makes a fuzzy noise. Im not sure why this is happening as i can play the CD perfectly fine when in itunes and rip it!

Also another issue is if i rip a dvd XBMC using handbrake the XBMC sees just a bunch of video_ts files and not just the movie itself as a whole. Also no cover art info or movie information is being found.

Any help would be nice as a bought a brand new mac mini for its use with XBMC as many friends said its a no brainer..

Regards

M
Also something i also noticed was once i insert a CD it just says Audio CD and does not get the artist information or album art. The tracks also have a weird format which says .aiff i am not sure why this also occurs.

Any ideas or suggestions would be nice as i would like to use XBMC but at the moment it just does not seem to be working out at all..

Regards

M
MotOo__ Wrote:Hi Guys,

Im pretty new to XBMC, the concept is cool and sort of works for me at the moment. The issue i am having is that XBMC will not let me rip a CD at all and if i try playing a CD which i have inserted it makes a fuzzy noise. Im not sure why this is happening as i can play the CD perfectly fine when in itunes and rip it!

Also another issue is if i rip a dvd XBMC using handbrake the XBMC sees just a bunch of video_ts files and not just the movie itself as a whole. Also no cover art info or movie information is being found.

Any help would be nice as a bought a brand new mac mini for its use with XBMC as many friends said its a no brainer..

Regards

M

Hi, welcome.

CD ripping under XBMC for Mac is not supported at this time. Maybe later once some build issues regarding CD ripping support get sorted out. handbrake should do a good job at this function.

"makes a fuzzy noise", I would bet you have AC3/DTS receiver enabled and your output device does not support digital pass through. Turn these off.

XBMC has two modes of operation, "file view" where you see the files, and "library view" where you see items that have been "scanned" into XBMC's library. To see cover art info or movie information, you need to set the content, then scan it into xbmc's library. The wiki has info on how to do this.
Hi Davilla thanks for the response it kinda helps!

With regards to the library view can you please attach the wiki link as i cannot see anything regards to the different view options.

Also how can i ensure that XBMC fins all the CD & DVD album art and its meta information as this is really important for me. I have made sure the scrapers have been set but my knowledge is limited from that point onwards...

Im looking through the wikis as i type away! but any help would be really nice as i wanna get this running before tomorrow night as its my bros bday and would like this in-least 85% running!!

Again Davilla thanks.
Sorry! but also can i somehow lock my mac mini so it just stays on XBMC, this ensures that no1 can just surf my mac mini when im not around.
MotOo__ Wrote:Sorry! but also can i somehow lock my mac mini so it just stays on XBMC, this ensures that no1 can just surf my mac mini when im not around.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...eo_Library)

To lock your Mac, enable password when osx screensaver kicks. disable xbmc screensaver.

This is easily defeated by most 10 year olds Smile The most secure way is to logout of your mac.
The wiki links shows nothing Davilla!!!!

Anyhow im working that out so thats not an issue thanks for the effort.

Any ideas on how to get all the meta info for CDs & DVDs + the album art.

And finally my last question for you people, if i rip a dvd using handbrake it has like 8 different VOB files, how can i just get XBMC to see the movie as a single file along with getting all the fancy information about the movie and its cover art?

Any help really would be amazing, again thank you for your support!

Regards

M
MotOo__ Wrote:Any ideas on how to get all the meta info for CDs & DVDs + the album art.

That is in the wiki

MotOo__ Wrote:And finally my last question for you people, if i rip a dvd using handbrake it has like 8 different VOB files, how can i just get XBMC to see the movie as a single file along with getting all the fancy information about the movie and its cover art?

Have you used Handbrake before? HandBrake isn't a "ripper" but an encoder. Once used correctly, the output is going to be one file per DVD (eg. main title).
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide
Ok guys thanks for the response ive got all the movies aspect running, but with the music if i rip a CD it does not pick up the album art on XBMC, i am using MAX cd ripping to burn the CDs.

Any ideas?
People anyone have any ideas?

Also i used iTunes to rip Alicia Keys Album which worked well as it found the track names and album art BUT if i use XBMC to play the music it does not show the album artwork? This is very confusing but XBMC finds the track names..

Any ideas would be really nice as this is now driving me insane.........

Regards

M
Have you actually looked at and read any of the links that have been posted? Searched the forums, or the wiki?
Use itunes to rip your cds, put them all in a folder, add source in xbmc, make sure content is set to music and it'll find all of your tracks and info for them. Not hard at all.
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the response its been very helpful and by the way i have been using the wiki and its helped but maybe in my scenario it doesn't seem to work.

I have used itunes to rip the songs and on XBMC it finds all the information except the album art any reason why this would happen as it shows the album art on itunes?

Once again any ideas or help would be nice.

Also more of a random question can XBMC do a party mode so if i had 2 mac minis could they play the same songs?

Regards

M
Any ideas? Nobody?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Mini 2010 CD ripping issue?0