how to name music video files for scraper?
how do i name some music video files that i have? some of my music videos are avi, others are vob, some music videos get to music video library but others do not, is it because some are avi and some are vob, or does that have nothing to do with it?

one of the music videos i have is al corley - square rooms, that is vob, i have some other music videos too, some avi and some vob, and they will not scan in

they are all named the same way (the files) like this

name of artist - name of song

i am using the yahoo music scraper, the mtv one is not working that well for me, less than half of my music videos scan in, but with yahoo music most of my music videos scan in, but there are some that are not scanning in

for some music videos i have done an nfo file (same file name as music video thing) but surely i should not need to do this, surely it should just work and scan in all my music videos?

hope i have not confused anyone, so i hope someone can help soon, thank you for reading if you did

take care

by the way, i am using xbmc dharma beta 2 on windows 7 x64, may not be of any relevance but i thought i would mention it just incase someone needs the information
i love xbmc
all them views and not one reply

great
i love xbmc
artist - song is the correct naming. if no info is found, no info is avail at the backend (or at least no info we manage to get at).
oh right, well thank you for the reply

but if i search a song and artist name in yahoo music there is a page for it, just like there is for the music that successfully scans in the library

if you search al corley square rooms on yahoo music you should see i think that there is a page for that
i love xbmc
Music title or album name?
Have the same problem. Relegated it to the deal-with-it department.

Bottom line as I understand it is if the file doesnt have any .nfo attached to it, the scrapers wont correctly pick it up.

Ive gone so far as to DL .nfo creaters and edit known good .nfo for other videos with no good luck so far.
Back in the day (sorry I know that's not a revision number) sometime pre-add-ons merge, the MTV scraper would add stuff that didn't score a hit to the library anyway, using an Artist Name - Song Name naming convention.

I found this pretty convenient.

Oh wait actually here it is in the wiki:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mus...Library%29
"Music Videos support is through a new content type. Currently you can choose between a MTV scraper or a provided nfo file containing information on the music video. Failing that it will use the filename as a basis for the database entry (Artistname - Songname)."

Is this functionality removed intentionally or is it worth opening a bug?
it definitely wasn't removed on purpose.
Ah, seems that functionality was originally a part of the nfo scraper. Which doesn't exist anymore (was never ported to add-ons?).
if there is no nfo scrapper, how does one get custom content formatted into xbmc in a uniform way?

I am cataloging my music videos, and even though the song names are in the "artist - songname" format, the vast majority aren't recognised by the two scrapers that currently exist for music videos. This results in:
1) half of my songs not appearing under the "Music Videos" category
2) those half appearing ok in the "files" category, but the imported half appearing only under songname.

What this does (number 2) is half of the music is sorted by artist and song, and the other half is sorted by song name only. This make a real big mess of the whole system. In the files section, you can't force artist name to appear first on songs that have been imported correctly (as opposed to the library section where everything that IS in the library can be listed exactly how the unimported stuff is listed in the files section).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to name music video files for scraper?0