Music Folder Structure
first off, i am going to say that this is a very noobish question. I am aware of the move and TV Show folder structure that XBMC looks for.

Ex:
X:\Movies\A Bronx Tale (1994)\A Bronx Tale (1994).mp4
X:\TV Shows\The Sopranos\Season 1\The Sopranos S01E01 Pilot.avi
X:\TV Shows\Top Gear\Season 15\Top Gear S15E07.avi

I am in the middle of trying to get all of my music properly organized. I was wondering what is the proper way to do this with music? What is the correct folder structure? Mine is all mixed up and XBMC still finds it but its all jumbled up and what not. What is the best way to do this for XBMC and for organization in general?

is it Genre\Artist\Album\Song.mp3? I am just curious and want to get everything perfect. I appreciate any suggestions
xmurrx Wrote:first off, i am going to say that this is a very noobish question. I am aware of the move and TV Show folder structure that XBMC looks for.

Ex:
X:\Movies\A Bronx Tale (1994)\A Bronx Tale (1994).mp4
X:\TV Shows\The Sopranos\Season 1\The Sopranos S01E01 Pilot.avi
X:\TV Shows\Top Gear\Season 15\Top Gear S15E07.avi

I am in the middle of trying to get all of my music properly organized. I was wondering what is the proper way to do this with music? What is the correct folder structure? Mine is all mixed up and XBMC still finds it but its all jumbled up and what not. What is the best way to do this for XBMC and for organization in general?

is it Genre\Artist\Album\Song.mp3? I am just curious and want to get everything perfect. I appreciate any suggestions

Mine is Artist\Album\track #-song.foo

Works fine for me. Then you can put Artist fanart (fanart.jpg) in the Artist folder, and album covers (folder.jpg) in the Album folder
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Music_Library
thanks, i feel like an idiot that I did not check the wiki, forgot about it
what about albums with various artists?

my fanart isnt showing up at all. cdart.png works but nothing else, unless scrape found.

My file structure is (e.g)

F:/Music/80's/Ministry of Sound - Anthems 80's (2013) -------------fanart.jpg, logo.png, clearart.png, cdart.png etc etc
F:/Music/80's/Ministry of Sound - Anthems 80's (2013)/CD1 -------------fanart.jpg, logo.png, clearart.png, cdart.png etc etc
F:/Music/80's/Ministry of Sound - Anthems 80's (2013)/CD2 -------------fanart.jpg, logo.png, clearart.png, cdart.png etc etc
F:/Music/80's/Ministry of Sound - Anthems 80's (2013)/CD3 -------------fanart.jpg, logo.png, clearart.png, cdart.png etc etc

BUT NO FANART or EXTRAFANART. funny thing only one album actually worked with my fanart.jpg picture for the album.

THANKS
giftie(maker of the cdart add-on) wrote a nice mini tutorial for picard.
it tags and moves your music to the right folder structure.
and it also helps when you want to use cdart add-on
tutorial
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
I like a flat structure of MUSIC/Artist - Album/

This way I don't have to drill down to get to any particular album. Seems easier to navigate than having to always drill down through an artist folder. I find it much easier to select multiple albums and drag to my mp3 player.

I avoid software that requires a rigid folder structure (or can't deal with mine).
(2013-04-30, 18:47)Buzniak Wrote: what about albums with various artists?

my fanart isnt showing up at all. cdart.png works but nothing else, unless scrape found.

My file structure is (e.g)

F:/Music/80's/Ministry of Sound - Anthems 80's (2013) -------------fanart.jpg, logo.png, clearart.png, cdart.png etc etc
F:/Music/80's/Ministry of Sound - Anthems 80's (2013)/CD1 -------------fanart.jpg, logo.png, clearart.png, cdart.png etc etc
F:/Music/80's/Ministry of Sound - Anthems 80's (2013)/CD2 -------------fanart.jpg, logo.png, clearart.png, cdart.png etc etc
F:/Music/80's/Ministry of Sound - Anthems 80's (2013)/CD3 -------------fanart.jpg, logo.png, clearart.png, cdart.png etc etc

BUT NO FANART or EXTRAFANART. funny thing only one album actually worked with my fanart.jpg picture for the album.

THANKS

Anyone?? Bump, help, any advise?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Folder Structure0