Xbmc has stopped recognising new movies and shows
Hi,

Everything was working fine up until 2 days ago, since then i have put 3 new tv shows and a new movie into my folders but xbmc is not picking them up.

Im using the latest beta btw.

Any help much appreciated.
I am running into the same problem using Dharma Beta 2. I have tried using multiple skins to no avail. The tv shows I have added appear fine when I am not in library mode, and XBMC appears to be adding the new content when I scan for new content, but as soon as I go back into library mode the new shows don't appear.
If you are using thetvdb.com for scraping tv shows, they will not get scanned into your lib at the moment as there is a problem with the site.

http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4702
Yeah im using Dharma as well.

That might explain the tv shows i guess, dont know why the movie isnt appearing though.
My movies were working this afternoon but not tried this evening, TV shows are still not coming on. Hopefully they'll have it sorted by the morning
Scraping Movies hasn't worked for the past few days for me either.

I've tried 3 systems on my home network, Dharma beta2 and beta3, stock and aeon65 skins.

What I see is:
Scanning for New Media...
after a minute a blue bar progresses across the section, takes about 5 seconds,
Then I quickly see "compressing database".
Then it closes, nothing is added.

No new movies are added, manually adding movie folders to my Video sources works, but natually this is one at a time, and I have over 400.

TV shows and Music are able to be scanned and added perfectly fine, it's just movies that are affected, for me.
Ive been having this similar problem, but with me what happens is it doesn't add the newer episode.

So when i looked at my debug logs it said VideoInfoScanner error when trying to download episode info, so what i did was use ember to do my scrapping and it generated the info tags like i wanted it to.

So when i went back into xbmc to scan for new content it still wouldn't recognize any new show.

So finally i went to the specific show and then checked the option set content and finally it recognized my show which suck if you are trying to add multiple because before i would just go to the tv shows folder click on scan for new content and "wallah" xbmc would do the dirty work for me. Man I miss those days.
I had the same problem - but all seems to be well now. I just restarted my XBMC and it added the newest shows really fast.
Nod
5 year XBMC user on iMac OS X
still not working for me
Same thing happened to me to.
Looks like thetvdb.com site was down yesterday.
But now when i try and add new tv shows it scans them but they don't appear in my library. Weird thing is they do appear in recently added episodes.
I have since done a uninstall and reinstall plus made sure i removed the xbmc folder from the roaming folder.
Now everything is working fine again just annoying that i had to start the database over again.
I would guess that when i tried to add some new tv shows yesterday while thetvdb.com was down it some how managed to screw up the database for the library.
Anyway it's all working ok now so my advice for anyone still having problems would be to reinstall.
charliehorse Wrote:Same thing happened to me to.
Looks like thetvdb.com site was down yesterday.
But now when i try and add new tv shows it scans them but they don't appear in my library. Weird thing is they do appear in recently added episodes.
I have since done a uninstall and reinstall plus made sure i removed the xbmc folder from the roaming folder.
Now everything is working fine again just annoying that i had to start the database over again.
I would guess that when i tried to add some new tv shows yesterday while thetvdb.com was down it some how managed to screw up the database for the library.
Anyway it's all working ok now so my advice for anyone still having problems would be to reinstall.

This worked for me on my windows PC, will try my linux one when I get home
I updated to beta 3 today.

Put another new tv show in my folder and it picked it up but still not the ones from the other day.

I took them out of the folder, cleaned the library and then put them back in the folder and it recognised them so all is good now thankfully.
ive definitely seen this happen a lot over the last month. Something is a bit weird when adding new stuff. I tested a bit the other day. If I delete the source and then re add it . It finds all the tv shows. But if its just updating it leaves new folders(entirely new show) off. But will update existing folders(shows).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc has stopped recognising new movies and shows0