Create a 'Movies' and 'Cartoons' section in home screen
I would like to make an additional "Cartoons" category on my home screen, and let this point to a certain folder for kids stuff. Is this possible?
Hi I have been able to do this on home screen 2, ive added iplayer, radio link and link to home movies.added my images to the homeicons folder.

I edited the includes.xml file.

I don't think you can do this on home screen1.

I cant remember the coding as im at work but i can tell you later what i did when im home.

regards

dave
I'd also like to know how to customise the home screen on Alaska please?

I would specifically like to change my programs plugin to just be a shortcut to the Launcher application, to make it less clicks to get to my emulators!
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
I managed to do it for home 1. But I cheated by replacing the Programs by Cartoons.

then I had it go directly into my Kids folder.

I'm still working on it and will try to post how I've done it soon
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Hey any news on this?
This is supported in Alaska Revisited now anyway.
Since I couldn't add an extra main menu item without extensive cheats, I added a custom submenu in the MOVIES menu. I also got rid of many unused submenu options in the MOVIES menu.
Can't remember which home screen number is, but I'm using the horizontal scrolling menu with category images.
Right now, when I press down on the movies image, I have set it up to show GENRES and then KIDS. That means it's 3 button presses away from the home screen.
Maybe this works for you too.
for cartoons
view by genre, then choose animation
context menu, add as favorite
go to the settings menu, add a custom menu and point it to the favorite.

now when you click that menu option you will go straight into the animation genre
Error :/
Hey Guys,

at first, many thanks for this great theme (@team alaska) Smile

The topic says exactly what i need. But i dont understand the solution?! I use the newest Alaska Revisted "Dharma" Version. And yes over the "custom items" i can create new Sub Menus, but not a real "home category" like movies or tv-shows. I dont wont scroll down for a playlist, or a sub-genre.

I want add a new category named "Anime" besides "Movies" and "TV-Shows" or "Videos", is there any possibility to do this? Of course, there is no problem to sacrifice another "home menu category" like "Videos" or "Pictures".

edit:
or can i make a new "custom item" as default subpoint for videos (for example). That means i start XBMC and the video category is not "video" but my new custom item.

Can you help me? Big Grin

Thanks!
It's only available for Nightly XBMC builds and only from my Repo (see sig).
Hitcher Wrote:It's only available for Nightly XBMC builds and only from my Repo (see sig).

sorry its the first time i read about a "nightly xbmc" version. I searched for the meaning of the nightly builds - but is it easy to install? are there any disadvantages between the "dharma" and "nightly" build?
Can i install both on the same machine?

thanks!
If i use Aeon mq3, maybe i can modify same files to create category Anime \ Cartoons and etc? or not?
Hey,

its me again Wink

i installed the latest nightly and the home-button works, but i have the following "problems":

I can create a shortcut to an "genre", but the scraper don't scrapes the Anime with a genre "Anime" or any other unique "genre". That means the genre is "useless" to me Sad
Yeah, i can use a sql data editor to edit all animes to one genre, but on every "data refresh" i must repeat this over and over again, not a good solution :/

All my Animes are stored in one dir, when i set a favorite on the dir itself and then the custom home item to the favorite - i see a lot of stapled "no cover" pictures, and have no acess on any media (a bug?).

Any Ideas?

Thanks!
Hitcher Wrote:This is supported in Alaska Revisited now anyway.

How does this work in Alaska revisited?

Must one edit some xml files?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Create a 'Movies' and 'Cartoons' section in home screen0