XBMC 1080p Display Problem
I don't have any Dharma installed! I just downloaded the standard version earlier this week to try it but I will just install beta 3 over the top of it later. I usually go straight for beta's but just wanted to get the gist of what XBMC is all about.

I get the purple bands. That's my exact problem with the menu flicker so if that goes i'll be very happy.

Should I have the 'adjust refresh rate to source refresh rate' enabled in the video output menu? I have it enabled.

Just reading the milestone dharma page now and seeing the commands for Wake on lan etc so i'm very pleased with features like that.
Should I also be considering the SVN builds?

Edit: sorry getting ahead of myself. Dharma is one of those!
Oh, i tought you had dharma installed. So uninstall the ordinary and install Dharma beta 3. Then you get hardware acceleration and alot of other neat stuff.
Ok will do. So really uninstall the original first?
johnmerrick Wrote:Ok will do. So really uninstall the original first?

Yeah, but someone maybe can tell you otherwise.
But better safe than sorry right?
Yes I suppose! (i'm sure i have read the beta's can be installed right over the top)

Will let you know.
My video problems are back since upgrading to beta 3. The ATI catalyst settings remain the same but when I play a video the image isn't filling the screen again.

I am using the transparency skin which I like. The skin has a 'tv' section in the system settings but when i click it nothing happens which is a shame!

One bizarre thing is that the xbmc gui goes over the edge of the screen but movies don't. When i change the resolution in the video output to 1280 x 1024 the gui fits perfectly and becomes clearer. Unfortunately the movies then shrink and the black bars become bigger and i get no sound.

The TV is definitely recieving a 1080p signal, the ati settings are correct but the problem remains. I'm also getting the purple bands when exiting a film.

i'm baffled!
the problem is similar to this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83205

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 1080p Display Problem0