• 167(current)
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps
Woohoo! _Mikie_ lives! Wink

I tried to put some of your edits for the settings page into my Repo a few weeks ago, but failed miserably. Will try again over the next few days. Smile
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
Hello i am fairly new to this, just wondering, I have everythign running but a couple shows banners don't show up, how do I get the banners to refresh in the coming episodes?
HarryRosen Wrote:Hello i am fairly new to this, just wondering, I have everythign running but a couple shows banners don't show up, how do I get the banners to refresh in the coming episodes?

The show banners are pulled using Sickbeard, if sickbeard does not have them, neither does MFP.

Sickbeard or XBMC usually downloads the banners automatically from theTVDB.com. You can get them manually if you wanted too. Which ones are you having problems with? Lots? If so, it might be theTVDB.com's fault. It is a very busy server. Wink
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Just having problems with one, two and a half men
fixed it, was missing the banner file
sorry another stupid question how do you turn on widgets? I like the trakt.tv one that has last watched tv show or movie
Settings > Trakt.TV

And enter your details and click Save.

(Sharethe.TV is also in there) - Then

Settings > Widgets > Activate/Deactivate Widgets
Make sure Trakt is ticked (it is by default) and click Save.
Sorry to keep asking questions but I just updated to the oct 22 build from git and I am getting the following error

ERROR: JSONRPC: Failed to parse '{"id":"4ea9df35b488b","jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"JSONRPC.Introspect","params":null}'

it wont display the recently added TV shows and Movies

and on the webpage I am getting

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetRecentlyAddedEpisodes", "params" : { "start" : 0 , "end" : 15 , "fields": [ "genre", "director", "trailer", "tagline", "plot", "plotoutline", "title", "originaltitle", "lastplayed", "showtitle", "firstaired", "duration", "season", "episode", "runtime", "year", "playcount", "rating", "writer", "studio", "mpaa", "premiered", "album" ] }, "id" : 1 }

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetRecentlyAddedEpisodes", "params" : { "start" : 0 , "end" : 15 , "fields": [ "genre", "director", "trailer", "tagline", "plot", "plotoutline", "title", "originaltitle", "lastplayed", "showtitle", "firstaired", "duration", "season", "episode", "runtime", "year", "playcount", "rating", "writer", "studio", "mpaa", "premiered", "album" ] }, "id" : 1 }
JSON Queries from Dharma to Pre-Eden have changed and this is going to get look into this week (or earlier!).

Originally there were only a handful of updaters to Pre-Eden, now it seems like everyones at it.

In the EXTRA's folder, there are some Eden edits that were made ages ago, but they are not guaranteed to still work.
Ok Will try it out
still no go, guess I will wait till it is updated. I am using your git repo, I like the changes from the original but for some reason the layout won't come out properly for me
DejaVu Wrote:MFP has had a multitude of different contributors that have come and gone (or so it seems), so sussing out everything is quite difficult.

Just to inform I'm still trying to keep up with this, just havent coded in a long time. I appreciate your efforts Deja... thanks!
Maraschino - github - website
I think the time has come to tackle the JSON Queries of MFP to make it more Eden compatible.
Reading up on this stuff has made me go a tad boss-eyed as I 'do not get it'.

Once this is done, it will be also be rolled out onto the Official build to keep it functioning correctly, although in my opinion needs a serious overhaul, which I may also commit myself to soon.

I've established that the JSON Queries that need changing are in the xbmcjsonlib.php file of MFP, but as mentioned, I do not get it and would like to ask for anyones help who does.
Some changes, courtesy of SleepyP were made a while back in xbmcjsonlib_nightly.php, but I now believe that this has now become obsolete through more recent changes.

Looking around, I've found the Eden API Changes Wiki and Montellese' announcement thread on the subject.

Trying to understand this stuff, I feel like I need to either be 15 years younger or have a university degree - both of which, are out of reach! The way it reads is almost as though, 1 thing has been renamed or added to another and just needs to be added or changed in the calls that were already in place - but I cannot be sure - as I am clueless and have been trying to do this with trial and error.

I have also found the built in JSON Test in MFP that should also make the job a lot easier for anyone that understands it -

http://MFPURL/xbmcjsonlib.php?tester=y

This post has also been posted on the Lighthouseapp (Developement Discussion) board for MFP - which is really where it should be kept. I have only announced this here as http://mediafrontpage.lighthouseapp.com has been quite inactive of late.

So, to reiterate - if anyone with any understanding would like to come forward and help out with the MFP JSON RPC Calls - it would be appreciated by all it's users.

EDIT- I was hoping changing the names of the things in the announcement thread would work, but this seems far more involved and completely over my head! Sad
It's got me thinking that now might be the perfect time for MFP's Core to transfer to v2.0 with a complete rewrite and a totally new look!? BIG JOB!
Kinda thinking most of the difficult stuff is done for us if we use JPolitev2!

Allows the use of variably sized widgets, dynamic dragging, accordion effect and best of all, it's under the GPL license.
Quote:This framework is available for use in all personal or commercial projects under both MIT and GPL licenses. Pick one that best suits your need.
Will make sure with the creator that it's OK to use his code for this purpose first of course! Wink

This is probably the way my Repo will go in the coming months. I think this is awesome. I just hope implementing the current widgets will be possible.
ubuntu 11.10, latest mfp from DejaVu repo.

I have two things:

first: It's just not saving turned off widgets. Neither removing them with the "x"Button nor turning them off in Settings>Widgets>Save is saved in config.ini. Manual editing works.

second: do you have any idea how following screens can happen :
I'm having completely different views of mfp using latest ie, firefox, opera and chromium.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/828352/xbmc/2011...h32_12.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/828352/xbmc/2011...h32_40.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/828352/xbmc/2011...h33_11.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/828352/xbmc/2011...h34_15.png
  • 167(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps9