• 57(current)
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC
@joelones - make sure you have either poster or banner selected in settings - skin.

@sullydavid - if you update to 10.1 that issue should go away.

Thanks,
-stoli-
stoli, small observation:

In the playlist view (pressing "N" from the now playing screen), I noticed that the alignment of the text varies depending on the number of digits at the beginning of the list. Perhaps in order to make all the text line up, you can have the text start 2 or 3 spaces to the right the list #? I dont imagine anyone will have more than 99 or 999 songs in their playlist.
1 thing I noticed (don't know if it's skin related or just an xbmc bug) but when i use the Get Logo on the information screen, after successfully downloading a logo, I'm brought back to where I was (ie: Root of TV show library) but in fact I'm not exactly where I was before, I'm in the root of my TV show alright, but hitting the back button will take me to the library root instead of taking me back to the homescreen (as if the parameter ", return" didn't work anymore after exiting the logo download.

I hope my explanation was clear enough.

if you want to try it:
1- from Homescreen click TV Shows
2- highlight a TV show and open the info screen ("I" key)
3- Navigate right to Get Logo button
4- Download a logo/clearart/landscape image
5- Click ok on the Download successfull dialog that appears

here you are brought back to the TV show root (but you will most likely not be on the same TV show you selected before (unless you selected the 1st one)

6- Hit the back button (backspace)

You hare in the normal library view where you can select TV Show, Movies, just like if you went into Videos>Library

sounds like a xbmc or logo script bug maybe, but might be skin related too, I haven't had the change to try that in other skins.

thanks
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

The_Dogg Wrote:1 thing I noticed (don't know if it's skin related or just an xbmc bug) but when i use the Get Logo on the information screen, after successfully downloading a logo, I'm brought back to where I was (ie: Root of TV show library) but in fact I'm not exactly where I was before, I'm in the root of my TV show alright, but hitting the back button will take me to the library root instead of taking me back to the homescreen (as if the parameter ", return" didn't work anymore after exiting the logo download.

I hope my explanation was clear enough.

if you want to try it:
1- from Homescreen click TV Shows
2- highlight a TV show and open the info screen ("I" key)
3- Navigate right to Get Logo button
4- Download a logo/clearart/landscape image
5- Click ok on the Download successfull dialog that appears

here you are brought back to the TV show root (but you will most likely not be on the same TV show you selected before (unless you selected the 1st one)

6- Hit the back button (backspace)

You hare in the normal library view where you can select TV Show, Movies, just like if you went into Videos>Library

sounds like a xbmc or logo script bug maybe, but might be skin related too, I haven't had the change to try that in other skins.

thanks

It's not really a bug, but a Catch 22 requirement of the script to display a newly downloaded image. What's occurring is a skin reload to refresh the display with the new logo after the download completes. If this doesn't occur, the new logo will not appear and a user may think the download failed.

The net result is being able to view the new images, but the skin loses crumbs to return to the previous window.

It's one of those 'that's just how it works' for now...

Thanks for the detailed instruction for recreating, that always helps tremendously.

Cheers,
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:It's not really a bug, but a Catch 22 requirement of the script to display a newly downloaded image. What's occurring is a skin reload to refresh the display with the new logo after the download completes. If this doesn't occur, the new logo will not appear and a user may think the download failed.

The net result is being able to view the new images, but the skin loses crumbs to return to the previous window.

It's one of those 'that's just how it works' for now...

Thanks for the detailed instruction for recreating, that always helps tremendously.

Cheers,

thanks for the explanation, it's a bit annoying, but again, I don't use that function a lot anyway, so i can live with it Smile

as for the Steps, no problem, my job is QA, so it comes naturally Wink
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Stoli, I have a small request. It's going to sound odd. Would it be possible to change the font size of font 13 to 24? I've had to change it manually so that pseudoTV works correctly, and I want to put the skin out for people that use Neon with it. I've changed mine and I can't find any issues anywhere in the skin as its just a fallback font.
If you don't want to (and I understand) I'll just include the font.xml and people can manually move it.

Thanks you for all the work you do with this skin. I love it!
Nothing to see here....
Great skin!
One think I'm missing. In the Confluence skin, when you hit 'i' to see infos during video playback, you'll get the chapter numbers and names. That's extermely helpful while navigating through e.g. music concert videos with chapter marks. Any chance to have this in Neon as well?

Thank you

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
zepfan Wrote:Stoli, I have a small request. It's going to sound odd. Would it be possible to change the font size of font 13 to 24? I've had to change it manually so that pseudoTV works correctly, and I want to put the skin out for people that use Neon with it. I've changed mine and I can't find any issues anywhere in the skin as its just a fallback font.
If you don't want to (and I understand) I'll just include the font.xml and people can manually move it.

Thanks you for all the work you do with this skin. I love it!

Done. I don't call that font anywhere, so it has zero impact on me, just addons. Smile
-stoli-
theironyuppie Wrote:when i go to artist information> get fanart, the fanart is off centre:

For those that use xbmc for music, you should like this one... Spent the afternoon redoing the music info views:

Album Info with Tracks displayed:

Your Wallpaper view: Smile

Artist with Discography:

Artist with Biography:
-stoli-
_ak1_ Wrote:Great skin!
One think I'm missing. In the Confluence skin, when you hit 'i' to see infos during video playback, you'll get the chapter numbers and names. That's extermely helpful while navigating through e.g. music concert videos with chapter marks. Any chance to have this in Neon as well?

Thank you

I'm sure I can do that. I'm guessing the chapters only display when playing an .iso?

Thanks,
-stoli-
If anyone has some ideas for updated navigation sounds I'm all ears, pun intended. I've been looking around a bit and just haven't found anything that stands out. I vaguely recall coming across some sound themes in the past for KDE that were pretty good, I just don't have the time at the moment.

Thanks for any help,
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:I'm sure I can do that. I'm guessing the chapters only display when playing an .iso?

Thanks,

No, not just with an .iso. I heavily use .mkv with chapter marks (and give names to the chapters, too). Have a look at the screen shot in my previous post. That was an .mkv file.

Thank you.
stoli Wrote:If anyone has some ideas for updated navigation sounds I'm all ears, pun intended. I've been looking around a bit and just haven't found anything that stands out. I vaguely recall coming across some sound themes in the past for KDE that were pretty good, I just don't have the time at the moment.

Thanks for any help,

I actually like the sounds as they are now. Have people mentioned not liking them?
stoli Wrote:Done. I don't call that font anywhere, so it has zero impact on me, just addons. Smile

Great! Thanks.
Nothing to see here....
Good morning to all of you from the very sunny today Greece.
Can you please explain me what is the meaning,the use of the TV GUIDE which is shown the last two days in my Home Screen after the last update?
You mean that TV GUIDE is the same like the TV SHOWS?
You record your TV Movies throu PVR and then you keep them into a different folder in your hard disk like the movies?
Thanks for your attention

@ Stoli
Your Skin is wonderful ,i see improvements every two days eventhough i do not understant all of them and finally it is going to be the Leader of the Skins.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC4