Dual monitor - usb monitor and television
Hey

What i want to do is to have two monitors connected to my Shuttle XS35GT. I want to use a small monitor when i want to play music and the television for movies etc. My solution is to buy a Lilliput Mini USB Monitor. With this setup i will only need to power up my XS35GT and the receiver when i want to play music.

This monitor wasn't designed for linux, but i have found a how to.I want to run the monitor as clone. Will i be able to get it to work with xbmc live or should i install Ubuntu. I'm running Dharma beta 2 right now.

Another question: The shuttle's power supply is only 40 watt. Can i power a monitor over the usb? In the future i might also wanna add an external hdd.

If you have another idea i i would to hear it. Thank you.
I too have taken a look at those monitors with the same thought in mind. I'm not a dev so this is guess work, but I suspect that it won't work without some hacking. XBMC requires acceleration which the video chip in those Lilliput displays doesn't provide (to the best of my knowledge). You might be able to configure it to run a full screen web browser using the web interface, but I suspect that that would be your only option.

Jon
much easier to just use a vga splitter to a xenarc or lilliput 7' screen.
I use something similar, TV + Mimo 7'' and it works. I'm using Windows 7 with XBMC as a regular app and have different profiles. One of them is XBMC on the Mimo with sound through my 5.1 set. With the latest drivers from displaylink.com it works quite wel. I can even watch movies on the Mimo at 25fps Big Grin

So yes its possible but YMMV.

Regards,

Joop

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual monitor - usb monitor and television0