Slow video load with ATV, Dharma Beta 3 and CrystalHD
Playing any video over SMB takes about 5-6 minutes to load. In most cases, the video eventually starts but in some cases, XMBC crashes with an error and the ATV requires a hard reboot.

Anyone else seeing this problem.
dirajgoel Wrote:Playing any video over SMB takes about 5-6 minutes to load. In most cases, the video eventually starts but in some cases, XBMC crashes with an error and the ATV requires a hard reboot.

need to see the usual suspects, xbmc.log and crashreporter log if xbmc did indeed crash. hangs are not a crash.
dirajgoel Wrote:Playing any video over SMB takes about 5-6 minutes to load. In most cases, the video eventually starts but in some cases, XBMC crashes with an error and the ATV requires a hard reboot.

I recently installed the Crystal HD and then the drivers from Launcher and Dharma b3. I have to say it's really impressive. I am only playing 720p mkv's but the picture is almost perfect. I did pause a video and after 10 minutes it froze and I had to ssh in and reboot. Perhaps there are newer driver, better versions of XBMC, etc ...?

I am still unclear as to the sync issue or match display setting. For the moment both are not selected.

In any case, for a $21 card and XBMC's software, the ATV has really taken on an interesting life. The only thing is that I can't trust it to not freeze ( it hasn't except for that one long pause thing).

I'd rather not move to Linux ATV unless there is a significant stability benefit. Is there?

philip

Edit: I just installed r28256 on a Linux bootablle usb drive and the difference is quite pronounced. It played everything very nicely, except for subtitles which were not in sync.

Is there anywhere to get older nightly builds for ATV OSX? The mirrors don't carry them.
Sad 
Just posted about similar problem in another thread before found this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow video load with ATV, Dharma Beta 3 and CrystalHD0