• 21(current)
[DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon
(2018-07-07, 22:40)dmdsoftware Wrote: Google made available a Google Photos API in June 2018.  I'm going to play around with it.  It is apparently now possible to download and view photos stored in Google Photos, among a slew of other features.  I just care about getting photos into Google Photos, for starters, as there are no existing linux tools to do such.  I relied on using the Picasa API for uploading, which was limited (restricted file upload size) and was error prone and simply completely dead recently.
 Hi @dmdsoftware ... was curious if there were any positive results from your research into the Google Photos API. Any possibility that you'll take on a dedicated add-on to access Google Photos content (both private content and shared album content) using the API?
I'm actually intending on updating the google drive plugin to support google photos api.  I have some proof-of-concept code running in my emby plugin that plays back Google Photo videos via both the Google Photos API and through the calls that the website makes.  In both cases there are some advantages over google drive playback for transcoding, such as offering 4k transcoding + no need for CORs authentication.  In addition, with recent updates from google, it is possible for a user to maintain an unlimited google video library in their google photos without having to pay for unlimited google drive.
(2019-07-27, 04:46)dmdsoftware Wrote: I'm actually intending on updating the google drive plugin to support google photos api.  I have some proof-of-concept code running in my emby plugin that plays back Google Photo videos via both the Google Photos API and through the calls that the website makes.  In both cases there are some advantages over google drive playback for transcoding, such as offering 4k transcoding + no need for CORs authentication.  In addition, with recent updates from google, it is possible for a user to maintain an unlimited google video library in their google photos without having to pay for unlimited google drive.

That's fantastic news! It would be amazing if I could browse and view both photos and videos in mediaItems, albums, and sharedAlbums from my Google Photos library in one place, perhaps by paging through 25 items at a time.  Do you think something like that could be possible?  Also, any thoughts on creating a totally separate add-on to only display Google Photos content, instead of adding the functionality to the Google Drive addon?
(2019-08-01, 06:58)sabrex Wrote:
(2019-07-27, 04:46)dmdsoftware Wrote: I'm actually intending on updating the google drive plugin to support google photos api.  I have some proof-of-concept code running in my emby plugin that plays back Google Photo videos via both the Google Photos API and through the calls that the website makes.  In both cases there are some advantages over google drive playback for transcoding, such as offering 4k transcoding + no need for CORs authentication.  In addition, with recent updates from google, it is possible for a user to maintain an unlimited google video library in their google photos without having to pay for unlimited google drive.

That's fantastic news! It would be amazing if I could browse and view both photos and videos in mediaItems, albums, and sharedAlbums from my Google Photos library in one place, perhaps by paging through 25 items at a time.  Do you think something like that could be possible?  Also, any thoughts on creating a totally separate add-on to only display Google Photos content, instead of adding the functionality to the Google Drive addon? 

I prefer to consolidate, but you'll be able to use the Google Photos features without using the Google Drive features.  During the enrollment of the account, it would ask you the type of account.
Great news!  Can't wait to see what you come up with Smile

When will you finish it.

THANK YOU...........................
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon4