• 17(current)
[DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon
How to add my string something, in search command line:

Quote:ActivateWindow(10002,"plugin://plugin.image.picasa/?mode=5&url=default",return)

l need this option for my games library.

Thanks.
Question 
Hi,

I am new to this forum, and have been using Kodi for a few weeks now. I have noticed a problem with the PicasaWeb addon, and hoped that someone may be able to help.

I am using Kodi 15.2 on Android 5.0.2, and also Kodi 15.1 in the unofficial OpenElec for the MK808B plus. The version of PicasaWeb that I am using is 1.0.17. My photos are coming from a new Google Photos account.

I find that if I select a video file (I have tried mp4 and m2ts), it doesn't work. Instead of that, either Kodi seems to crash, or I end up with one of the JPEGs in my album displayed instead. If a video file is encountered during a slideshow, that also does not work. Personally I find the most useful thing is to be able to flick through the photos manually, as using a slideshow usually results in some of the pictures being displayed for longer or shorter than may be desired for that picture. I don't know what the expected behaviour is when a video is encountered, but it would probably be great if there was an option for it to either auto-play, or play when a button is pushed. Hopefully the video would be able to stream, though I don't know how practical that is.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Hi,

I don't seem to be able to access my Picasa account. I've entered my login data in the settings but when I hit "Albums" it says "Working..." for a few seconds but nothing happens. I can use "Search PicasaWeb" and look at random pictures, just not my own.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Philipp
(2015-09-27, 17:22)senna99 Wrote: How to add my string something, in search command line:

Quote:ActivateWindow(10002,"plugin://plugin.image.picasa/?mode=5&url=default",return)

l need this option for my games library.

Thanks.
With debug logging enabled,
Go to the folder path you want, you will find something similar to what's below in the mess that you will see in your kodi.log.

plugin://plugin.image.picasa/album/5738673123458551329?user=default

(2015-09-30, 20:45)nigelg Wrote: Hi,

I am new to this forum, and have been using Kodi for a few weeks now. I have noticed a problem with the PicasaWeb addon, and hoped that someone may be able to help.

I am using Kodi 15.2 on Android 5.0.2, and also Kodi 15.1 in the unofficial OpenElec for the MK808B plus. The version of PicasaWeb that I am using is 1.0.17. My photos are coming from a new Google Photos account.

I find that if I select a video file (I have tried mp4 and m2ts), it doesn't work. Instead of that, either Kodi seems to crash, or I end up with one of the JPEGs in my album displayed instead. If a video file is encountered during a slideshow, that also does not work. Personally I find the most useful thing is to be able to flick through the photos manually, as using a slideshow usually results in some of the pictures being displayed for longer or shorter than may be desired for that picture. I don't know what the expected behaviour is when a video is encountered, but it would probably be great if there was an option for it to either auto-play, or play when a button is pushed. Hopefully the video would be able to stream, though I don't know how practical that is.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I just tested it now. Video used to work. It looks like now, not so much. You get the image because the video fails so it just drops to the next image. Eventually I'll see if I can fix it.

(2015-10-03, 13:25)philipp_khp Wrote: Hi,

I don't seem to be able to access my Picasa account. I've entered my login data in the settings but when I hit "Albums" it says "Working..." for a few seconds but nothing happens. I can use "Search PicasaWeb" and look at random pictures, just not my own.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Philipp

Enable 'Use With Authorization' in the add-on settings. When you go into the addon, it will ask you for a name (this can be whatever you want) and then ask you to authorize, give you code and direct you to a google URL. Open this URL in a browser and log in (if not already logged in). You will get to a screen where you can enter the code. Once you do this, it will take a few seconds and the addon will be authorized and you can view the photos on your account.
(2015-10-03, 13:25)philipp_khp Wrote: Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Philipp

Hi philipp_khp,

Are you using the latest version (1.0.17)? I remember I had the same problem as you until I upgraded to that version.

Cheers.
Hi ruuk,

Thanks for your reply to my recent post about videos not working with version 1.0.17. At least I know it's not something I am doing wrong! Thanks also for all that you are doing with this add-on.

Regards,
Nigel.
@ruuk,

Is there a way I can try some previous versions where the video may have worked, or did those versions have other problems that will prevent me from being able to use them?
Hi ruuk and nigelg,

thanks for you comments, I was running 1.0.2 when I figured out I needed to install 1.0.17.

Now it works but sometimes freezes the whole system. I'll let you know when I've gotten closer to identifying the problem.
(2015-10-05, 20:58)nigelg Wrote: @ruuk,

Is there a way I can try some previous versions where the video may have worked, or did those versions have other problems that will prevent me from being able to use them?
I don't think it's version related. More likely something changed on Google's end with the API.
(2015-10-06, 09:42)philipp_khp Wrote: Hi ruuk and nigelg,

thanks for you comments, I was running 1.0.2 when I figured out I needed to install 1.0.17.

Now it works but sometimes freezes the whole system. I'll let you know when I've gotten closer to identifying the problem.
If you have the Max Photos Per Page in settings set to high, this can happen because when you click an image in Kodi, it loads all the images into a slideshow.
Hi guys

Been using the Picasaweb plugin for a while now and have to say it's one of the most useful plugins in Kodi Smile Great work Ruuk !

Using Kodi 15.1 and latest Picasaweb plugin 1.0.17, and everything was working fine until a couple of days ago

Have a weird problem lately only in the "Auto Backup" folder which on Google photos is automatically saving photos from my cell. The folder has over 35,000 photos in it and previously I was able to browse through them every 100 at a time (or whatever the plugin settings were for photos/page). However lately with the default 100-photos per page I can only see max (latest) 200 photos in this album, if I change the number to 500 photos/page I can see 1,000 and that's max I can see (setting 1,000 photos/page does not bring more than 1,000 pics). The total number of photos in this album still shows @ over 35K in brackets in the plugin but for whatever reason it only sees the newest ones.

The symptom is only for the "Auto backup" album - have other albums with over 1,000 photos that I can browse through. On the other hand, if I login to google photos I can browse through all the 35K photos so not sure what's causing this behavior. Have tried to remove/bind user again, uninstall the plugin and reinstall, did the same on a 2nd PC, no difference

Any thoughts/suggestions ?

Cheers
Coleus
(2015-10-06, 20:34)ruuk Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 09:42)philipp_khp Wrote: Hi ruuk and nigelg,

If you have the Max Photos Per Page in settings set to high, this can happen because when you click an image in Kodi, it loads all the images into a slideshow.

Thanks, that did help!
@ruuk,

Thanks again. I'll look forward to a future version, and I too will reduce my max photos setting. I have also seen the problem that coleus mentioned above.
(2015-10-07, 03:03)coleus Wrote: Have a weird problem lately only in the "Auto Backup" folder which on Google photos is automatically saving photos from my cell. The folder has over 35,000 photos in it and previously I was able to browse through them every 100 at a time (or whatever the plugin settings were for photos/page). However lately with the default 100-photos per page I can only see max (latest) 200 photos in this album, if I change the number to 500 photos/page I can see 1,000 and that's max I can see (setting 1,000 photos/page does not bring more than 1,000 pics). The total number of photos in this album still shows @ over 35K in brackets in the plugin but for whatever reason it only sees the newest ones.

While I don't understand why you would only get the latest 200 when the limit is set to 100, it is very possible that the API only returns a subset of the images in that folder.
(2015-10-09, 09:58)ruuk Wrote:
(2015-10-07, 03:03)coleus Wrote: Have a weird problem lately only in the "Auto Backup" folder which on Google photos is automatically saving photos from my cell. The folder has over 35,000 photos in it and previously I was able to browse through them every 100 at a time (or whatever the plugin settings were for photos/page). However lately with the default 100-photos per page I can only see max (latest) 200 photos in this album, if I change the number to 500 photos/page I can see 1,000 and that's max I can see (setting 1,000 photos/page does not bring more than 1,000 pics). The total number of photos in this album still shows @ over 35K in brackets in the plugin but for whatever reason it only sees the newest ones.

While I don't understand why you would only get the latest 200 when the limit is set to 100, it is very possible that the API only returns a subset of the images in that folder.

Thanks Ruuk - like I mentioned a week ago I was able to browse through pages, currently in this album maximum I get is 2 pages if I set the pics/page between 20 and 500. If I set to 1000 then I can only see the first page. However the total number of available pages is displayed but there's no "next X photos" icon to press

So what's confusing is that the number of photos returned depends on the number of photos per page

Thanks anyway
(2015-10-11, 03:25)coleus Wrote:
(2015-10-09, 09:58)ruuk Wrote:

Thanks Ruuk - like I mentioned a week ago I was able to browse through pages, currently in this album maximum I get is 2 pages if I set the pics/page between 20 and 500. If I set to 1000 then I can only see the first page. However the total number of available pages is displayed but there's no "next X photos" icon to press

So what's confusing is that the number of photos returned depends on the number of photos per page

Thanks anyway

Sounds like it may be that 1000 is the max then, in which case you would get 1 page. Everything else would then give you multiple pages, but it it sounds like pagination is broken, so you only get 2.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon4