Retro - New skin for XBMC
is this what you are referring to?

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....3;t=932

hope this helps.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanx tslayer those are the ones. remeber seeing that post some time ago but forgot about it Smile i know it's right now cuz id 19 and 24 are the ids from mymusicplaylist.xml i mentioned...
i guess for the info about the change in cvs (mediacenter) could go out to skinners in some way? at least if the skin was started on before 01-06?
/floink

ps
san9jay thanx for the feedback. i have a bad conscience about those check boxes in settings. i am reworking them to have a higher quality.
ds
ive just installed the latest xbins release and have noticed it has a new version of your great skin. a question though, whats with the broken button and the tv you can only just see on the left. have you hooked up your xbox to a tv or are you hopping the xbox will eventually turn into a tv as well Smile
that is for tv-guide when/if it comes.

@floink
hope you dont minde me answering... Wink
don't you dare to remove the nice moving gif of the broken button!!!
gives it such a high tech look Smile

great work on your skin!!
you r the first with moving gifs.. it finally happened..
thank you.
thx alot! i'm quite happy with it myself now Smile

no probs ktd. you're correct in that answer. i thought it'd be like a litte nudge in the side for the devs too Image even though xmltv for sweden is currently down.

the dash shutdown and reboot buttons are actually gifanims too.

moving gifs is fun though there seems to be some incompabilities with the gif standard in the xbmc implementation. thats why i had to do a 0.5mb gif which actually contains 200 frames.
i cant set different timing for different frames and the frames must be set to "restore to background" or it'll look like crap.
i have a lot of more fun ideas for moving gifs for the retro skin and will do them when i find the time.

/floink
just tried the new 2004-02-01 build and noticed the changes in the retro skin.

here are my 2 cents.

the good:
- i like the new reboot/reset buttons. much larger and clearer.
- also like the animated gif/broken button.

the ok:
- the new settings buttons on the settings page is better than before but could still be clearer. maybe a switch to green for the enabled state rather than the current red would make it more obvious.

the not so good:
- i find the selection highlighting for the main buttons is not obvious enough. the older release was better in my opinion on this regard.
- im not in favor of the change in the background color when browsing files/folders etc. the older release had the same background color as the main background and looked more polished in my opinion.

keep up the great work on this skin. its my default skin for xbmc.
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
i looooove the animated gif. Image
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
my-tv guide huh, pity they dont have an australian feed...otherwise its a great idea.
i found the broken button to be too distracting with the flashing etc.. so i ended up using the old home.xml. i also found the selected items were not highlighted enough and it makes it a little tuff to see which button your actually pressing so i changed that too as well as a few other minor adjustments.
still a very nice skin though, much better then i could ever do.
i'm not complaining here and i apriciate the feedback alot, that just makes it more fun and makes me wanna find out better ways of doing it...
...i don't really think i have to justify this Smile but the look of buttons are designed to look like a 'real' button, hence the small difference between the infocus image and notinfocus image.
i am an interaction designer in profession and education so i'm well aware of weaknesses in clearness in usabillity and if this was a skin for a customer i'd prolly make it totally different. but retro isn't... Smile it's for fun.

so thankyou and keep'em coming...

/floink
(floink @ feb. 04 2004,09:31 Wrote:i'm not complaining here and i apriciate the feedback alot, that just makes it more fun and makes me wanna find out better ways of doing it...
...i don't really think i have to justify this Smile but the look of buttons are designed to look like a 'real' button, hence the small difference between the infocus image and notinfocus image.
i am an interaction designer in profession and education so i'm well aware of weaknesses in clearness in usabillity and if this was a skin for a customer i'd prolly make it totally different. but retro isn't... Smile it's for fun.

so thankyou and keep'em coming...

/floink
amen Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
updated version of retro uploaded to www.xboxmediaplayer.it/upload. matching cvs 04-03-09 with compressed textures. please test and see if i missed something. i believe you can login and download using skin/skin (see hifi topic). forum admin please remove login info if inaccurate.
left to do: create retro specific icons for folders, discs and such.
/floink
i can't get in with skin/skin or skins/skins, so no joy for me checking out retro.

it would be cool if all the excellent skins started showing up on allxboxskins.com rather than just in links in the message boards. then they would be easy for everyone to find and checkout.
k i'll post it to axs later tonight. seems the ones who've been able to test it didn't have any comments Smile
(i think that skins/skins account has been removed)
total redesign in the worx. will take some time still tho.
/floink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retro - New skin for XBMC0