Library updating partially
#1
Ok please forgive me if I'm asking a noob question or if I havent provided enough information. I've been using XBMC Live (installed) for about a week. I've garnered enough Linux knowledge in order to do the following (apologies for wall of text)

1. Installed XBMC Live Dharma Beta 3, mounted two 1TB drives to /home/xbmc/library and /home/xbmc/nas

2. Configured Samba to share both these folders so I can access them from my windows machine.

3. made some other minor tweaks and tried to get to grips with setting up NVidia HDMI outputs correctly

4. My library uses both the /home/xbmc/library/TVShows and /home/xbmc/nas/TVSHows-Archived folders as sources

5. I place videos directly into the folders in the following format /showname/season/title.s0xexx.string_of_text.avi

6. Updating content adds the file to the library and gathers the information ie divx/mp3/2.0 etc but the plot and episode title never makes it into the database

I've tried updating/refreshing/removing the episode and rescanning with no success. No NFO file seems to get created either (not sure if it should) Am I missing something?
Included here is from the debug log showing what happened when I did a refresh from the Episode information screen.
Code:
18:29:10 T:3054421888 M:1803329536   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogProgress.xml) ------
18:29:10 T:3054421888 M:1803329536   DEBUG: Alloc resources: 1.33ms (0.00 ms skin load)
18:29:10 T:2155862896 M:1803329536   DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url /home/xbmc/library/TVShows/Castle/Season 3/logo.png
18:29:10 T:3054421888 M:1803264000   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match /home/xbmc/library/tvshows/castle/season 3/castle.2009.s03e05.hdtv.xvid-lol.avi (s3e5) [[Ss]([0-9]+)[][._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\$
18:29:10 T:3054421888 M:1803264000   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0xbf841098) http://www.thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/series/83462/all/en.zip
18:29:10 T:3054421888 M:1803264000    INFO: easy_aquire - Created session to http://www.thetvdb.com
18:29:11 T:3054421888 M:1803255808   DEBUG: FileCurl::Close(0xbf841098) http://www.thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/series/83462/all/en.zip
18:29:11 T:3054421888 M:1803321344   DEBUG: scraper: GetEpisodeList returned <episodeguide><episode><title>Flowers for Your Grave</title><url cache=".xml">http://www.thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/series/$
18:29:11 T:3054421888 M:1803321344   DEBUG: GetEpisodeId (/home/xbmc/library/TVShows/Castle/Season 3/Castle.2009.S03E05.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi), query = select idEpisode from episode where idFile=2350
18:29:11 T:3054421888 M:1803321344   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for '/home/xbmc/library/TVShows/Castle/Season 3/Castle.2009.S03E05.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi'
18:29:11 T:2176842608 M:1803194368   DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0
18:29:11 T:2176842608 M:1803194368   DEBUG: scraper: GetEpisodeDetails returned <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><details></details>
18:29:11 T:2176842608 M:1803194368   DEBUG: Thread 2176842608 terminating
18:29:11 T:3054421888 M:1803194368   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to tvshows:/home/xbmc/library/TVShows/Castle/Season 3/Castle.2009.S03E05.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi
18:29:11 T:3054421888 M:1803194368   DEBUG: GetStackedTvShowList query: select idShow from tvshow where c00 like (select c00 from tvshow where idShow=32) order by idShow
18:29:11 T:3054421888 M:1803194368   DEBUG: GetSeasonsNav query: select episode.c12,path.strPath,tvshow.c00,tvshow.c08,tvshow.c14,tvshow.c13,count(1),count(files.playCount) from episode join tvshowlinkepiso$
18:29:11 T:3054421888 M:1803194368   DEBUG: GetMoviesByWhere query: select * from movieview join movielinktvshow on movielinktvshow.idMovie=movieview.idMovie where movielinktvshow.idShow = 32
18:29:11 T:3054421888 M:1803194368   DEBUG: GetEpisodeId (/home/xbmc/library/TVShows/Castle/Season 3/Castle.2009.S03E05.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi), query = select idEpisode from episode where idFile=2350
18:29:11 T:3054421888 M:1803194368   DEBUG: got details
18:29:11 T:3054421888 M:1803194368   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogProgress.xml) ------

If anyone can help it would be appreciated. My aim is that I can place files into the folders from any machine on my network and that the library updates itself with the correct information from TVDB.com
Reply
#2
Made some progress with this over the last couple of days.

If I save files direct into the media folders and let XBMC scrape then the info doesn't get downloaded for some reason but the episode is added to the library. This then means that any custom NFO's seem to be ignored until the item is removed from the library and re-added.

To work around this I have disabled auto-update library. I have scheduled MediaCompanion on my PC to scan the folders every morning at 0800 which creates the NFO files, then I can kick off an update Library on the XBMC when I start using it. This works well for me except it would be nice to have autoupdate run but only once per day at say 0900. I'll check the scheduling of auto-updates later but think it may be a cronjob task (well at least I'm learning more about Linux)
Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average



Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library updating partially00