Jerky Vid playback for 1080i content, Dharma Beta 3,
I am seeing "jerky" video playback with Dharma Beta 3. The context is mepg2 1080i. The video problems look like the classic types of issues that happen when one plays back interlaced content on a progress scan device without deinterlacing it. The debug log is at http://pastebin.com/UeCrT0g2

The same recording plays fine with MPC-HC.

Some config info:

Windows 7 home premium
Atom N330, nvidia ION graphics
XBMC Dharma beta 3
1 GB ram

system->video->Playback has the following turned on: "Allow DXVA2 accleration", "adjust display refresh rate to match video" & "sync playback to display".

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Marc
I've tried some more experiments. The mpeg2 720p recordings I have play back without any problems. It only happens with 1080i recordings. The problems show up mostly in scenes with a lot of panning, so I really suspect that the problem is that the video stream is not being properly deinterlaced. The recording is of the TV show "Battlestar Galectica (2003)" and it is a telecined, 1920x1080.

Note that my TV set is a Samsung Plasma with native resolution of 1320x768...

Marc
There is no deinterlacing support with dxva decoding at the moment.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CrystalP Wrote:There is no deinterlacing support with dxva decoding at the moment.

That definitely explains what I am seeing - thank you. Are there plans to support deinterlacing and inverse-telecine anytime soon? Thanks!

Marc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jerky Vid playback for 1080i content, Dharma Beta 3,0