• 6(current)
[WINDOWS] Experimental H.264 DXVA2 hardware acceleration support with Intel GPUs
Problem is even bigger than I though. Even with DXVA2 disabled or enabled I get slow video playback even at sd videos!!!

Does anybody have a solution on thisHuh

Thanks in advance.
I think, I found the clue to get rid of the corruption with Intel GPU's.
Just go to the Intel Control Panel, open the settings under "Media=>Image Enhancement" and deselect "Override Application Settings" at both settings.
Also deselect "Advanced Deinterlacing"

After altering those default settings, I had no further problems.

Please report, if it works for you as well.

Cheers, Raptylos
Hi Raptylos,

I have tried your suggestion but I am afraid I am still experiencing the problem. I have tried deselecting "Override Application Settings" under "Media=>Image Enhancement" and play along with other settings as well but the result is the same.

However I could not find the setting "Advanced Deinterlacing" to deselect it. Maybe this is the issue. What version of intel drivers are you using?

Regards,

Phanos
phanos Wrote:However I could not find the setting "Advanced Deinterlacing" to deselect it. Maybe this is the issue. What version of intel drivers are you using?
Phanos

Hi Phanos,

I'm using 8.15.10.2302. (Win7 64bit SP1, Core i3 540, Gbt H55 USB3)

Regards,
Raptylos
I am using version 8.17.10.1077 and my processor is intel i3 core 2100T. I will try and locate and download your version maybe it will help. Is this version 10 or 10.1 of XBMC?
It is a pre-Eden version (compiled Mar. 15 2011 with DXVA-Deinterlace-Support)
Hi,

I could not locate the version Raptylos suggested but I tried a few otehrs, including the latest one I could fine. No matter what I try the problem is there. No fix so far.

Does anybody knows if the XBMC team is working for a fix on this?
Sorry that i reported a possible fix. The corruption does not last as long as before, but still occurs. Blush
So let's hope that it gets fixed.

Raptylos
It will be nice if someone could answer whether or not if the XBMC team knows of the issue and if they are planning a fix soon.

Tanks a lot,

Phanos
Hi Phanos,

my setup:
  • Core i3-T2100
  • Win7x64SP1
  • processor-graphics driver v8.15.10.2361
  • XBMC 10.1 with MediaPortal-PVR-support built by margro (haven't tested his yesterday's built yet)
As with previous Intel-Graphics, XBMC does not work with dxva2, but works flawlessly with pure CPU-decoding: even 1080p uses only up to 20% CPU-time when running on my system...

So I wonder what might be the problem with your setup...Huh

An additional hint: the SandyBridge-CPUs do no longer have onboard-graphics, but one integrated into the CPU-die itself, so one might suggest that previous patches regarding dxva2 with Intel Graphics would have to be revised again to work with SandyBridge... Oo
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Is this something that is in the que to get fixed? I'm not terribly concerned as I've been able to playback all of my hd content flawlessly through software, but nevertheless, I'd like to use the hardware decoding if possible in the off-chance that some bit of material is too much for the processor to handle.
trpltongue Wrote:Is this something that is in the que to get fixed? I'm not terribly concerned as I've been able to playback all of my hd content flawlessly through software, but nevertheless, I'd like to use the hardware decoding if possible in the off-chance that some bit of material is too much for the processor to handle.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=809902&postcount=9 - "Reason for that is that we don't have much devs with knowledge in that area. One is MIA and the other is currently concentrating on other things."

I'm sure the team are well aware of DXVA issues but having the people available to fix them is another matter. If it's consistently reproducible, best thing to do is follow the stickies, submit a debug log and maybe create a ticket on Trac.. and hope that the DXVA devs get a chance to obtain and test on similar hardware.
Thanks for the info vexation!

It's not a big problem as the CPU is more than capable of playing 1080p, just a "nice to have" for the future Smile

I'd be more than happy to submit a ticket as it is definitely a reproduceable problem.
Quote:As with previous Intel-Graphics, XBMC does not work with dxva2, but works flawlessly with pure CPU-decoding: even 1080p uses only up to 20% CPU-time when running on my system...

So I wonder what might be the problem with your setup...

Hi Fry7,

Actually in the beginning I had trouble playing even standard definition videos. However I manage to solve this by changing the setting "Render method" under "Playback" to "Software" instead "Auto detect".

Now I can play just about any file, I have tried even mkv files at 1080p and they seem to play just fine.

My problem right now is that there seems to be a loss in quality when not using the hardware acceleration option. I have test it on my desktop computer, (which is using an ATI card), and the quality does not seem so great as when using the DXVA2 option.

So I am assuming that the same will apply on my HTPC as well. I have tried to play on the HTPC the same files and the video quality seems to be better when using another player with hardware acceleration. I have shown this to some friends and all say the same thing, quality seems better when using the hardware acceleration.

What do you make of this?

Regards,

Phanos
Hello everybody,

Does not anybody have a comment on what I said?Is it just me or has anybody else beleives that there is a small degration in quality when not using hardware acceleration?

Thanks.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Experimental H.264 DXVA2 hardware acceleration support with Intel GPUs0