• 3(current)
[WINDOWS] Experimental H.264 DXVA2 hardware acceleration support with Intel GPUs
DXVA2 acceleration seems to not be working properly on my Asus T91 which has the Intel GMA 500 (Poulsbo.) All I get is audio and the screen is blank for all of the videos that are DXVA2 capable.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit) with Dharma beta 4. I've also tried it with later beta 3 nightly builds and it has the same issue.

http://pastebin.com/r9QSqpE2
That's a known problem with Poulsbo and belongs to another thread, as the dxva support is different.
It's possible to try a few things if you can build xbmc.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thank you. Works great on Intel Core i3, Windows 7 64bit.
Hi all. Running RC1 with an Intel i5 on Win 7 x64. Am I right in thinking that the Intel DXVA should be implemented in this build? If so, I am still getting the pixel corruption every so often on mkv files that clears up after a while. This seems to be the same issue that other people have experienced with nvidia. I am on a fresh Win install with all the latest intel drivers and a fresh install of XBMC.

How best to proceed in sorting this one out?
I'm running i3 Win7 with DXVA and i also get some random pixel or full screen corruption. Its clear after next keyframe. Latest driver and Dharma RC1.
CrystalP Wrote:Hardware-accelerated playback of H.264 material was fixed today in ffmpeg for Intel GPUs (patch originally from VLC, many thanks!).

The fix is in xbmc, starting with r34924 (trunk) and r34927 (Dharma), and concerns the Intel Core i3-5-7 and X4500HD / G45.

We now need lots of testing to decide if it's stable enough to keep in Dharma, so please report success/failures and your GPU type. Throw all kinds of samples at it, samples that caused issues with nVidia and ATI earlier, Bluray compliant, out-of-spec (L5.1, large amount of refs...), high bitrate,... . The goal is not perfection but to make sure that the Intel GPUs work as well as nVidia and ATI, and if they have limits, to find them and autodetect them for the best user experience.

The support is included in Dharma beta 4.

A few reminders:
- hardware acceleration works only with Vista and Windows 7
- hardware acceleration must be turned on in the settings: Video->Playback->Allow hardware acceleration.
- support was added only for H.264. VC-1 is still CPU only.
- you'll know that dxva is active when you can read 'dc:ff-h264-dxva2' instead of 'dc:ff-h264' in the codec info (opened with the key 'o' during playback)

And besides regular compliant material, here are a few samples to push the enveloppe, in order of "toughness"...
- Quantum of Solace sample - http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1907430/test_...h_l5.1.mp4
- Planet earth: From Pole to Pole - http://www.filesonic.com/file/11960723/P...sample.mkv
- killa sampla (no link handy, google it)
- Samsung Oceanic Life (no linky, google it). v.high Mb/s, 16 ref, 1080p - the works to stress a GPU. Already reported to break down with Intel Core...

Samples that used to give trouble with nVidia:
- Apple movie trailers

Not as extreme, but could be useful too:
- a pack of samples put together to test the ATI 3xxx line - http://www.multiupload.com/VEKPHNCY56 (thanks 0wing)

Enjoy!

edit: added Poulsbo to the list of GPUs that should work.
edit2: seems that the Poulsbo didn't need this change and already had dxva acceleration.
edit3: added links to samples
edit4: beta4 contains the support, no need to build or use unofficial builds.

Will be support for VC-1 in Dharma (It seems it doesn't work in Dharma RC1)?
No. Intel did not publish specifications.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Schumi Wrote:I'm running i3 Win7 with DXVA and i also get some random pixel or full screen corruption. Its clear after next keyframe. Latest driver and Dharma RC1.

Same issue here - I switched off DXVA because it happens too often.
You can't pinpoint the corruption to a certain frame - it just happens every now and then (5 to 15 minutes).

Using Dharma Beta4.
Raptylos Wrote:Same issue here - I switched off DXVA because it happens too often.
You can't pinpoint the corruption to a certain frame - it just happens every now and then (5 to 15 minutes).

Using Dharma Beta4.

Well at least I know I'm not alone here... do we know if this is being looked at? Is there anything we can do to aid sorting this problem out? logs etc?
Raptylos Wrote:Same issue here - I switched off DXVA because it happens too often.

Using Dharma Beta4.

Same Issue here with i3.
But its reproduable and allways happens on the same frame of the movie. Also happens with mpc and vlc , only ms dtv decoder from win7 works with this files and dxva enabled.
This seems to be working great for me on a G45 (x4500HD) DG45FC with E5300 CPU, 2GB RAM on Win7 32 bit. Haven't seen any corruption yet.
No improvement in RC2. Even get some corruption when DXVA is turned off!!!
Same for me
Is this being worked on at the moment? Is there anything we can do to help shift this along? Do we know if this is definately a XBMC issue or an intel one or both? Questions, questions... Smile
I've been using RC2 the past few days and haven't noticed any hiccups at all. If you can provide me a sample (or point me to a file if released online somewhere-PM) I can test it on my x4500HD.

It might be an i-series gpu bug.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Experimental H.264 DXVA2 hardware acceleration support with Intel GPUs0