• 4(current)
[WINDOWS] Experimental H.264 DXVA2 hardware acceleration support with Intel GPUs
See the same corruption on all my BD-transcodes (from original disks). Finally found this thread and realized what the problem was. Turning off the hw decode resolves the problem. Core i3. VC1 was flawless which is what tipped me off that something odd was going on!
First thing to check is that the encodes have dxva compatible options. I don't know the details, that's a x264 topic.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
live4ever Wrote:This seems to be working great for me on a G45 (x4500HD) DG45FC with E5300 CPU, 2GB RAM on Win7 32 bit. Haven't seen any corruption yet.

Same motherboard as this guy and haven't had any corruption on any of the ~50 movies I have watched.
CrystalP Wrote:First thing to check is that the encodes have dxva compatible options. I don't know the details, that's a x264 topic.

Surely XBMC should downgrade to CPU rendering if it detects they are not compatible? I don't think the end user should care either way.
It's not that easy.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Sooo... are we any further forward in knowing where the problem lies here? Is it an Intel clarkdale/drivers issue, or an XBMC issue?
still fullscreen corruption with dharma final
Win 7 x64, i3-530
Same for me with hardware acceleration enabled
Right, my issue is solved. Corrupted mkv's! I didn't believe it myself until I could replicate the issue. I am now back on running just on Intel. Running Dharma final, DXVA2 enabled, all plays fine.
Just installed Dharma, I can say a lot of effort has gone into this release. It's more responsive, quicker and a lot more stable than prevoius versions I tested. Plus, G45 acceleration is working perfectly so far on all the files I tested it with (using an Intel DG45FC with an E5200, W7 on x86). I'm gonna test it further in the following weeks.
I notice some jerky pixels and some slowness on .mkv files on 720p or 1080p (just a few of them) when i fastforward and then stabilizes after that, i got the dxva2 enabled..

How can i check for .mkv corrupted files, one i got sure it is bad! the other all played great on mpchc ffdshow on the previous winXP instalation

im on a Asrock 330HT, windows ultimate 32bit (no codecs installed), dharma 10.0
# Intel Dual Core Atom 330 CPU
# NVIDIA ION GPU

any ideias :confused2: ?
dafonso, this thread is about Intel GPU, not CPU. The artifact-on-skipping/ff issue of the Ion is well known and doesn't mean the file is bad.
oops miss the thread then.. CrystalIP any development for next release to improve that issue ?
CrystalP Wrote:edit: added Poulsbo to the list of GPUs that should work.
edit2: seems that the Poulsbo didn't need this change and already had dxva acceleration.

Hi CyrstalP,

Reagrding your comment on the Intel Poulsbo should work:

I have a Poulsbo hardware and tested the latest Dharma. However the screen is just black after I enable the DXVA2. When the DXVA2 is disabled the CPU is around 70% and the fps is around 6, but I can see some choppy video. When the DXVA2 is enabled the CPU is around 35% and the fps is around 16, but the screen is just black. Any idea where the problem might be? Is there anything that you want me to do to help you diagnose the issue?

Cheers,
Dogan
Interesting Dogan. I heard about that once, and the hardware decoding worked, but the image was not displayed. Press tab while playing a video and chances are you'll see the video in the background, overlaid by the UI.

I have a few ideas to fix that, but don't have access to a Poulsbo and so far haven't found a user who could build xbmc from code and apply a patch.

16 fps is low... Does mpc-hc give you playback at normal speed? What about a recent VLC (with hardware acceleration explicitely turned on)?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Experimental H.264 DXVA2 hardware acceleration support with Intel GPUs0