• 5(current)
[WINDOWS] Experimental H.264 DXVA2 hardware acceleration support with Intel GPUs
hi guys.

Does this patch support dxva based de-interlacing?

I'm really looking forward to that!
Hi CrystalP,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to press Tab while playing. It shows a distorted video for a second and then goes to black behind the UI. I noticed in this mode it sometimes shows some gray screen with artifacts, but at full screen mode it is all black. The audio works fine in both cases by the way.

Experience with mpc-hc:
It did not enabled the DXVA2 for Quantum of Solace or Planet Earth samples, so the playback was not smooth. I tried an mkv file from http://divxtrailers.divx.com/BigBuckBunn...PlusHD.mkv
While trying this one DXVA2 was enabled, and however the frame rate was around 11 and CPU was at 90%. So something fishy.

Experience with VLC:
When the GPU is enabled the video colors goes to blue. I cant tell exactly what it dos but the playback is pretty bad. I guess the VLC does play well with Intel.

However I know the HW is capable of decoding HD. I tried mplayer-vaapi on Linux and it works fine.

I can help you to diagnose the issues if you could give me specific things to check. What do I need to build xbmc from code in Windows?
Dogan Wrote:Hi CrystalP,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to press Tab while playing. It shows a distorted video for a second and then goes to black behind the UI. I noticed in this mode it sometimes shows some gray screen with artifacts, but at full screen mode it is all black. The audio works fine in both cases by the way.

Experience with mpc-hc:
It did not enabled the DXVA2 for Quantum of Solace or Planet Earth samples, so the playback was not smooth. I tried an mkv file from http://divxtrailers.divx.com/BigBuckBunn...PlusHD.mkv
While trying this one DXVA2 was enabled, and however the frame rate was around 11 and CPU was at 90%. So something fishy.

Experience with VLC:
When the GPU is enabled the video colors goes to blue. I cant tell exactly what it dos but the playback is pretty bad. I guess the VLC does play well with Intel.

However I know the HW is capable of decoding HD. I tried mplayer-vaapi on Linux and it works fine.

I can help you to diagnose the issues if you could give me specific things to check. What do I need to build xbmc from code in Windows?

What hardware and OS are you using? What was the resolution of the files you tested? 720P? 1080P?

I've found that even though poulsbo states it can decode video up to 1080P in practice that doesn't seem to be the case. I have a Asus T91 tablet and can play 720p files just fine using MPC-HC (DXVA2) or Windows Media Player (DXVA2?) on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. The 1080P files I've played are choppy or the frame rate crawls in both players.

Just like you though I would like to get poulsbo working in XBMC. Whatever I can test I am willing to help.
See the "how to compile" page in the Wiki. When you're ready, create a trac ticket reporting the problem and cc me. We'll continue with the technical details and testing over there.

There could be a number of limits here: image size, bit rate, number of references... Or the Windows drivers may be crap... What happens with Windows Media Center?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Windows Media Player is similar. I could not find any detailed statistics option, therfore cannot comment exactly, but the quantum of solace performed much better.

I am following the instructions on wiki to compile. I have also created the ticket. Let's trace it from there.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11059

Marbieskarb:
I have a fitpc2. It has an Atom 530 processor with 1gb memory. I have Windows7 Ultimate at the moment. The files were 1080p. I am glad more people are interested and eager to offer help. Let's see what we can we do alltogether.
Dogan Wrote:Marbieskarb:
I have a fitpc2. It has an Atom 530 processor with 1gb memory. I have Windows7 Ultimate at the moment. The files were 1080p. I am glad more people are interested and eager to offer help. Let's see what we can we do alltogether.

I don't think that hardware is capable of supporting 1080p. Even though poulsbo states it can decode video up to that resolution, I think in practice it doesn't seem to be the case especially since poulsbo usually is coupled with lower speed atoms which don't help video processing much. As mentioned, I have a Asus T91 tablet which has a Intel Atom 1.3ghz processor (yours is a 1.6ghz) and 1gb of ram running Windows 7 ultimate 32bit. All the 1080p files I throw at it either studder very badly or the fps are very low. Stick with 720p files and you should be able to at least get them to work in either MPC-HC or Windows Media Player (Works great for me.)
Schumi Wrote:I'm running i3 Win7 with DXVA and i also get some random pixel or full screen corruption. Its clear after next keyframe. Latest driver and Dharma RC1.

I'm seeing exactly the same with my i3 550.
I have only seen it on my Bruray rips, 1080p h264 in mkv containers. Fully reproducable and always happens at the same spots, I can rewind and see the problem again just after it happens. It goes away when I turn off DXVA.

I use a Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 Mini-ITX MOBO if it's of interest and the latests driver from Intel from 1/7/2011 on win 7 64 Home Premium.

EDIT/
I tried the same movie files in my other computer where I have an ATI RADEON HD 5750 and it works flawlessly with DXVA turned on.
I did not read the whole Thread, but do you use the intel graphics chip?
BugEyes Wrote:I'm seeing exactly the same with my i3 550.
I have only seen it on my Bruray rips, 1080p h264 in mkv containers. Fully reproducable and always happens at the same spots, I can rewind and see the problem again just after it happens. It goes away when I turn off DXVA.

I use a Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 Mini-ITX MOBO if it's of interest and the latests driver from Intel from 1/7/2011 on win 7 64 Home Premium.

EDIT/
I tried the same movie files in my other computer where I have an ATI RADEON HD 5750 and it works flawlessly with DXVA turned on.

+1 on that. I5 520m w/Intel 5700mhd. The only way to get flawless playback in XBMC is to make sure DXVA is OFF
Sad 
dysan911 Wrote:+1 on that. I5 520m w/Intel 5700mhd. The only way to get flawless playback in XBMC is to make sure DXVA is OFF

+1
Core i3 540, Gigabyte H55 USB3, latest drivers for all components. W7 64bit
I downloaded the trial of PowerDVD 10 yesterday to try if a similar problem exists there too.

It does not, however the playback got a bit edgy with hardware acceleration turned on and floated better without it. I'm starting to think that we are better of letting the processor cores doing the decoding with Clarkdale and that the GPU part of the CPU has enough to do already. I got a CPU load about 40% without DXVA and a max temp of 40C on one of the CPU cores while watching 1080p with coretemp running on my i3.

Best way I found to watch 1080p mkv is still XBMC without DXVA, no reason to buy PowerDVD 10 Ultra that gives roughly the same result. The only glitch I see is the famous 24p bug but it's hard to see and easy to ignore.
I have the corruption also with a 4500HD and dxva2 on.
However it happens on only one mkv of 130+ mkvs.
I don't know mkv's enough to figure out what the difference is for this one mkv though.
If someone could point me in the direction to try and see what is different on this one particular mkv it would be appreciated.
I also have the video corruption issue with hardware acceleration enabled:

Intel i3-530 (onboard graphics)
Biostar TH55XE
2x2GB memory
Win7 x64 Home Premium

My video output is 1080i via HDMI.
I have a computerr based on GA-H67N-USB3-B3. There is Intel HD Graphics. When I turn DXVA2 image is all in squares and melt. What can I do? I have Windows 7x64, latest drivers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hi,

same problem here with DVXA2. I have just build a brand new HTPC to be used with XBMC. I have intel i3 2100T core with intel on board graphics. Any idea about when this problem is going to be fixed?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Experimental H.264 DXVA2 hardware acceleration support with Intel GPUs0