[LINUX] No VDPAU on Dharma with HDTV channels
Hi,
my system is an NVidia ION system with Ubuntu 10.04 and XBMC Dharma Beta 3 installed. It has an external USB DVB-T receiver, running with TVHeadend.

ON CAMELOT: HDTV channels played smoothly processed by the GPU
ON DHARMA Beta 3, same settings: HDTV channels are processed by the CPU and the video plays very bad. Note that on the contrary, hd divx play fine. Is that normal? Is it going to be fixed in next releases?
You need a newer tvheadend. The current released version does not provide width/height to xbmc, which means we are unable to determine if your hw will support it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi, thank you for your reply. Currently I have installed 2.11 tvheadend version. Which was exactly the same running fine in XBMC Camelot, it played HDTV channels using the GPU of my NVidia ION. Why now the same version is not able to do it in Dharma? Is there something I can do?
try the ppa builds of tvheadend and xbmc from my signature. vdpau is working fine when using the tvheadend addon (fixed to provide the width+height, the version on svn/git isn't working).

a new build is being published now, with a fix for the VideoOSD, so you might want to wait 30 minutes or so.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
dushmaniac. what do you mean the version on svn/git isn't working? you mean xbmc is broken or tvheadend is broken?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

elupus Wrote:dushmaniac. what do you mean the version on svn/git isn't working? you mean xbmc is broken or tvheadend is broken?
sorry wasn't clear there. the tvheadend addon is broken on svn.

fixes have been submitted in http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9414 and on the github fork I created.

the fix for vdpau can be found here: http://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/commit/...f65db64f50

edit:
that ticket is a bit of a mess by the way. proper patches can be found on that github branch. I could create new patches if needed and create a new ticket for them.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

he's not using the pvr branch so it doesn't matter that the addon is broken

aah yeah thought he was running the addon from pvr
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Short question. I installed xbmc and tvheadend from your ppa branch. when I'm in XBMC I can't activate any PVR-Addon. They are all disabled and I can't enable them.

Any suggestions for me?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] No VDPAU on Dharma with HDTV channels0