Crash on pause?
Hi everyone,

Whenever I pause a movie, doesn't seem to matter which one, my xbmc crashes and restarts. Needless to say, this is very annoying! I've made a pastebin of the crash log here:

http://pastebin.com/YyUKV61K

The error part is on the bottom: ERROR: XLCDproc::SetBackLight - Unable to write to socket
It seems that 'enable lcd/vfd' is causing this crash. What does this setting do anyway? If it can cause crashes on a generic system like mine (asrock ion, xbmc live, latest build) shouldn't the function have a bit more description?
It's support for lcdproc, why did you turn it on?
bobo1on1 Wrote:It's support for lcdproc, why did you turn it on?

Because I'm a simple XBMC user I guess. My reasoning was: "Well I have this HDTV which is basically a large LCD screen, I guess I should enable LCD in the settings".

I don't get it. You guys must know the vast majority of XBMC users don´t even know what lcdproc is. Why give it such a generic name in the settings as ´enable lcd´?

And, while I'm at it, why give such a function it's own readily available on/off switch in the settings, while something really usefull for a lot more people like enabling dds fanart (it makes your XBMC a LOT faster...) has to be enabled by typing in some geeky stuff in a text file and save it as advancedsettings.xml?

I understand XBMC is under development and all, but come on, 'enable lcd'...?
i got the same issue, but i do know what lcdproc is as is use it with a small Display.

So how can i solve the problem without disabling my lcd?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on pause?0