• 10(current)
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists
ErlendSB: Yep indeed, disabling Artist slideshow did the trick. Hopefully this bug gets fixed soon...

thx
Any news on ironing out this bug ErlendSB? Thanks Smile
Sadly no. I need help from the devs on this one, as I suspect xbmc core code has to be changed.
Maybe we do something to help. Like collecting some log data. I have tried without any luck as I get a complete freeze. But I´m sure it would help pinpoint the problem if we can supply some more info on what´s happening when the freeze occurs.

The bug ticket is filed here:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12005
Cool...well good luck...hope it gets fixed soon...

Not sure if XBMC core needs to be changed...the only reason i say that is because the Artist Slideshow and actually streaming songs through last.fm as a XBMC music source play perfectly nicely together.

Thanks for your ongoing efforts!
Anyone having problems with the script lately? I'm getting "no similar track were found" errors with every song in the playlist.
Never mind. It's working again. Don't know what was wrong.
Just making my regular check-in to see if there's been any progress on the artist slideshow incompatibility bug?

Thanks Smile

(2012-07-01, 11:39)kiboy6 Wrote: Cool...well good luck...hope it gets fixed soon...

Not sure if XBMC core needs to be changed...the only reason i say that is because the Artist Slideshow and actually streaming songs through last.fm as a XBMC music source play perfectly nicely together.

Thanks for your ongoing efforts!

I haven't tried using these scripts together for a while, but I tried now, and it's been working fine for about an hour. No freezes or crashes. I'm using XBMC 11.0 compiled 21. Mar (windows), ArtistSlideshow 1.4.4 and PlaylistGeneratorPM 1.0.8

Are you still experiencing the freezes?
Hi -

Thanks for this - excellent addition to xbmc functionality Smile

One problem I've encountered is SQL errors such as the following:

11:55:58 T:3004720880 ERROR: SQL: SQL error or missing database
Query: select strTitle, strArtist, strAlbum, strPath, strFileName, strThumb, iDuration from songview where strTitle LIKE '%Majesty ' '

Without looking at the code, I'm guessing that you might need to escape SQL-significant characters such as quote marks, brackets, etc, which may occur in song or artist titles.

Thanks again - keep up the good work Smile

tjb0274
Hi erlendsb, could it be that in xbmc 12 (beta3) the plugin isn't functioning anymore?
Yes, that's right. The HTTPApi that I use to query the music db has been removed.
This latest version will use jsonrpc instead and will probably only work in Frodo.

I'll eventually put it up on Mortstar's repository, but untill then you can download the latest version here:
http://lastfmplaylistgenerator.googlecod...-1.1.0.zip
Wow thanks Erlendsb for the fast response!! I'll test it tonight and let you knowSmile
Just to let you know: manually installing the zip file failed Sad Then I unzipped the contents of the zip file in the directory of the previous version of the addon. Now everything works againSmile thx
Hi Erlend, sorry for going off the radar for a couple of months.

I've updated the repo with version 1.1.0. I've got a pull request on Github for a fix in PM.py - do you want to take a look and let me know if it is needed?

https://github.com/mortstar/repository-m...ons/pull/3
Hi,
first, i LoVe this script! can't move without it. but yet...it doesn't work for me now Sad.
tried to update from repo disabling the artist slide show plugin.
in log i can c:
12:19:05 T:1832 INFO: XCURL:Big GrinllLibCurlGlobal::CheckIdle - Closing session to http://api.mtvnservices.com (easy=00A09320, multi=003F8350)
12:19:08 T:4392 NOTICE: [LFM PLG(PM)] Count: 250
9:08 T:4392 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetSongs", "params": { "properties": ["title", "artist", "album", "file", "thumbnail", "duration", "fanart"], "limits": {"end":1}, "sort": {"method":"random"}, "filter": { "and":[{"field":"title","operator":"contains","value":"The Age of the Understatement"},{"field":"artist","operator":"contains","value":"The Last Shadow Puppets"}] } }, "id": 1}
12:19:08 T:4392 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling audiolibrary.getsongs
12:19:08 T:4392 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Value does not match any of the enum values in type method
12:19:08 T:4392 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Invalid property "method" in type sort
12:19:11 T:4392 NOTICE: [LFM PLG(PM)] None found

can someone assist?

Thanks in advance!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists5