• 18(current)
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists
(2015-04-08, 23:55)DarkHelmet Wrote: Thanks for working on this wonderful script. What exactly did you optimize? Do you have any further plans? It would be major cool, if the addon could also query my music videos (and prefer a music video if one is found, add it to the playlist and use a music video for further searches at last.fm, just as if it was a music file). Adding videos to a music playlist will hopefully become fully implemented in Isengard.

I'm added 2 parameters :
- Minimum Play Count (default : 100) => upper selecting better songs
- Minimum Percentage Similarity (default : 2%) => lower selecting better similar songs
I'm modfied the search algorithm :
When the similar songs in last.fm under 10 results, find approximate track name and artist name of current played songs and foreach result find similar tracks.
I'm added French translate Angel.
(2015-04-08, 21:48)kikigonzales Wrote: Hello,

I make some optimisation on this addon.
If you are interested...
https://github.com/KikiGonzales/script.l...eneratorPM

I test it only on Kodi 14.2 (Helix).

Thanks so much!
Was setting up last.fm just because of this and every other version did not work.
Works like a charm!
Hi Kiki, with Isengard it is finally possible to add music videos to a music playlist. Would it be possible to query the music video database with this addon as well? Maybe even preferably before the music database gets queried? The awesomeness of that would be beyond words.

Cheers and thanks for your update on the addon.
Just quoting myselfe here from another post

Quote:Hi there, Since I'm Listening to music all day with Kodi, and hate to create Playlists, It would be cool if someone with the Knowledge would take a look at this foobar Addon http://www.foobar2000.org/components/vie...tplaylists and write something like this for Kodi, or maby this can be added in the Current Last.fm addon.

Quote:Can create different Last.fm related playlists:
->loved tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours.
->recent tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours.
->top tracks of a single user, multiple users, friends or neighbours over different periods.
->top tracks of an artist.
->top tracks of artists similar to an artist.
->top tracks with certain tag.
->tracks similar to a track.
Can also...
-love, unlove, ban and unban a track on your Last.fm account.
-add a track to a custom playlist on your Last.fm account.
-save and load XSPF playlists (make playlists without hard paths). This makes it possible to easily share playlists with other people. Also when you restructure your library (change location of your music files), these playlists will continue to work.

It looks like this
Loved Tracks/emtee_elp create a 9hour playlist with tracks I like for sure Tongue so if you are a Last_fm user with a decent playcount, its kind nice
Is this addon working for anyone lately? Says no similar tracks found for every track for me.
Nope, here neither. I would imagine it has to do w/ last.fm changing their API--their new site is currently still in beta I believe.
Same for me, it's not working :/
Sad 
Stopped working for me too. Sad
Hello,

Sorry, i'm very busy.
I make some corrections on this addon. Now, it's work !

Github link
(2015-09-17, 22:44)kikigonzales Wrote: Hello,

Sorry, i'm very busy.
I make some corrections on this addon. Now, it's work !

Github link

Thanks! I will try it tonight!
Working for me now.
Thank you.
Works great. Thanks again!
Hello. This script has made me abandon Media Portal altogether. Still I don't know how it works and the differences with MePo's: I keep running into songs that give me the "no similar tracks" message in Kodi, but do give results in MePo and then keep playing and playing.

I love the fact that this function brings back songs from the bottom of my library that are related with the ones I'm listening but I may have never heard before, so I'd like it to work as good as possible. Media Portal lost me when most functions have to be managed out of the ten feet interface.

Thanks for the good work.
Minisforum UM773 w/KODI last stable.
Synology DS416 NAS over ethernet.
Pioneer VSX-519 receiver, Optoma 1080p projector, 5.1 speaker setup.
I get these errors occasionally when my tags and the song information at last.fm don't match. For example I tag my files for songs having a "feat." artist in the artist tag field using a separator as two unique artists. Last.fm won't find that track this way as it expects a "Artist a feat. artist b" as the artist and not just "artist a". Other examples are "whatever remix" in the song titel. That will also fail with a great probablity.

That said I don't know how the mediaportal's addons would handle these.
(2015-09-30, 17:18)DarkHelmet Wrote: I get these errors occasionally when my tags and the song information at last.fm don't match. For example I tag my files for songs having a "feat." artist in the artist tag field using a separator as two unique artists. Last.fm won't find that track this way as it expects a "Artist a feat. artist b" as the artist and not just "artist a". Other examples are "whatever remix" in the song titel. That will also fail with a great probablity.

That said I don't know how the mediaportal's addons would handle these.

Yes. I have also noticed that. Typos and alternative names in MP3 tags wreak havoc in music libraries. I have been trying to analyze the code of both systems (GitHub), but it's been at least 20 years since I don't program and could not follow it properly.

Vielen Dank.
Minisforum UM773 w/KODI last stable.
Synology DS416 NAS over ethernet.
Pioneer VSX-519 receiver, Optoma 1080p projector, 5.1 speaker setup.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists5