• 20(current)
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists
(2021-04-24, 21:39)rkw2 Wrote: I've installed @Ambidex script, and then I realized in all my years of using Kodi, I've never run a script before. When I go to add-ons and click run it tells me to play a song first even when a song is playing. Is there some trick to running this that I'm missing. I apologize for the noob question. This is exactly what I'm looking to do with my Kodi installation and I'd love wasn't guidance on how to use it.
Thanks!
First off all credit to the original authors.  I wouldn't have had any idea on how to go about doing this.

To answer your question, looking at the code you need to start a song because that's how this particular script works.  It only 'kicks in' when the next song starts.

When you run the script it clears the current playlist and then waits for playback to start again (any currently play song doesn't count for this).  When playback starts again, if it's music that started playing the script does its magic (last.fm query etc).

Note that you may get asked to exit party mode when you run the script.  If that happens just hit yes and run it again.  It's related to how the script makes sure only one instance of it is running.
Thank you!
thanks it works well
@Ambidex Can I just suggest that you remove your API key and add an option to the addon settings for using a user's API key.  Just that if a lot of people start using this you might find that your personal key gets banned and it makes more sense to me for each user to use their own key, thus avoiding any rate-limiting issues etc.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-05-04, 18:45)black_eagle Wrote: @Ambidex Can I just suggest that you remove your API key and add an option to the addon settings for using a user's API key.  Just that if a lot of people start using this you might find that your personal key gets banned and it makes more sense to me for each user to use their own key, thus avoiding any rate-limiting issues etc.
Great idea.  I've added the ability to configure your own Last.fm API key.  I've also fixed the addon language files so that the addon config description strings make sense again.  There does seem to be a Kodi bug in the keyboard pop-up input window where it uses the skin's description and not the addon's.

Note that I still fallback to the current hard-coded API key at the moment when no API key is configured.  This was done to have a point in time where configuring the API key is optional.  It was for user friendliness, but I admit I would not have done this if it was my personal API key in there right now.

Anyone reading,

API keys require a Last.fm account and can be generated here: https://www.last.fm/api/account/create.  'Callback URL' was optional for me.  I put Kodi for the application but I'm guessing you can put anything.  Also, record the API key somewhere immediately.  I couldn't find it again last night in my account settings but it's possible I just missed it.
Small bump on this addon great feature for kodi
@Ambidex  i was pointed to your addon and it works great.
About the API, i have it empty at this time but @black_eagle  wrote something about over using banning so i  get an personal API soon.

Few things which are quite strange:
the addon is always active, so far so good. But i need to turn partymode off and then on again in order to get the banner right top which tells me that i need to select the first song.
i need to go back to main tabs and select music tab and albums and 1 song. from there it just runs. great i like it. (it was missing in the requlair feature set of kodi's music control)

What hopefully could be changed is:
1 the song playlist doesn't delete de played songs from the list so it grows and grows in long hours listening. (any difficulty to create an option "delete played songs from the list?  [yes]/[no] " )
2 It seems i have to stop and start the modes everytime i like to select the first starter song. (in addons tab on the lastfm playlist generator-addon start button) could be my ignorence in using the addon.
Would it be difficult to get that in the left (filter)tab in music modes as:  "Start new smart playlist" click that and select 1 song and your playlist is filling  until you  pres stop playlist (basiicly stops listening) (i mean the one in the left of the screen popping up when you go  sideways to the left.)
if i want to make my own or listen a full album i just use the present functions of kodi.
Thanks in advanged for any reply.
@Ambidex great job for matrix can you help for nexsus?

thanks
I don't know how to make a repo or officially update the addon, but for Nexus, I've traced the issue to xbmc.TranslatePath no longer being supported.  I've fixed this locally within the addon script.

In your addons/script.lastfmplaylistgeneratorPM folder, you need to modify pm.py

In the import section, add import xbmcvfs

Replace all xbmc.TranslatePath to xbmcvfs.TranslatePath (4 or 5 instances).  Save it and try the script.  It worked for me.
its not work for me
Hello All

Really quite nervous at putting this up here, but... In case it helps others I've taken the amazing work that @Ambidex did and I've added the fixes from @spicydanm13, the add-on is now working my Kodi nexus 20 install. In case it could help others, I've added theses changes on git hub, be great if anyone would mind installing and seeing it it works for them too?

Head to the branch here, download the zip (github zip on the green button), then install using the the kodi add-ons 'install from zip' option. My python fu is non existent so I can't maintain this add-on yet but I'll keep tweaking if I can. 

Let me know if this works for you.
Wink 
@littlejeem  thanks for your work,  I am very happy to start using it again, which I have used for a long time

thanks a lot for your occupation its work well
Wink 
Great thanks for confirming
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists5