Pivos XIOS review
(2013-03-19, 06:57)Ned Scott Wrote: It just feels fragile. So far it's actually been a very good remote.
except for the lack of a play/pause button, that's the first thing my girlfriend complained about.

(2013-03-19, 04:56)benze Wrote: What do you use for a remote? From everything I've read, the Xios supplied remote is very cheap and fragile. Are you using a secondary remote or just the keyboard?
I immediately bought this harmony remote http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-915-00014...armony+200. wasn't hard to program and the line of sight is much improved over the original.
(2013-03-19, 09:16)tennisbgc Wrote: except for the lack of a play/pause button, that's the first thing my girlfriend complained about.

I'm used to an Apple TV remote, which has even less buttons. Off the top of my head I can't recall the default behavior, but I thought the center button on the Pivos did play/pause during fullscreen video. If not, it should be doing that, because that's the settings XBMC uses for the ATV remote.
As Ned mentioned, the remote certainly feels cheap, but it does have more buttons than the ATV remote. The worse part about it is really that the range is pretty limited. I find if it's not pointed almost directly at the white box button presses won't register. No play or pause button, but you simply click the center button and then click again to pause/play so not really an issue.

I've learned the commands from that remote into my URC MX-500 and the line of sight/range issues disappear.
(2013-03-19, 12:13)Sdpbc Wrote: As Ned mentioned, the remote certainly feels cheap, but it does have more buttons than the ATV remote. The worse part about it is really that the range is pretty limited. I find if it's not pointed almost directly at the white box button presses won't register. No play or pause button, but you simply click the center button and then click again to pause/play so not really an issue.

I've learned the commands from that remote into my URC MX-500 and the line of sight/range issues disappear.
I thought it would be as simple as pressing the center button but then you have to press the back button to make the on screen info go away. Definitely inconvenient.

(2013-03-19, 11:22)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-03-19, 09:16)tennisbgc Wrote: except for the lack of a play/pause button, that's the first thing my girlfriend complained about.

I'm used to an Apple TV remote, which has even less buttons. Off the top of my head I can't recall the default behavior, but I thought the center button on the Pivos did play/pause during fullscreen video. If not, it should be doing that, because that's the settings XBMC uses for the ATV remote.
The apple tv remote has a pause/play button its next to the menu button.
(2013-03-19, 17:35)tennisbgc Wrote: The apple tv remote has a pause/play button its next to the menu button.

XBMC treats this button exactly the same way it treats the center/select button. So does Apple's native players, IIRC.

ATV remote behavior in XBMC is: Center or play/pause will play/pause on one press. Press and hold will bring up OSD.
The centre button on the Povos remote simply brings up the OSD. You have to press it again to pause.

Then the back button to remove the OSD.

I guess it is a bit of pain, but I hardly notice it. If there was a way to program it differently that would be cool as I could just learn the commands into my main remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pivos XIOS review0