SMB Not working in XBMC
I have Dharma 3 on my Mac Mini(2009). I used to have no problem with getting to my windows 7 Pro laptop to stream my media. As of yesterday I've got nothing. XBMC asks for username and password now. The thing that really weirds me out is that I can still get to my computer and media folder within finder. Is there anything I'm missing here?
Did you install update from Microsoft Windows live essentials 2011 or. something. This one is causing troubles. Uninstall it and it will work again.
had same trouble here. my guess: I did install the new MS Office 2011 yesterday and that caused the problem. But I don't know what of those "live" -office features I need to uninstall now.
I am streaming now via upnp
illiac4 Wrote:Did you install update from Microsoft Windows live essentials 2011 or. something. This one is causing troubles. Uninstall it and it will work again.

Great call illas4! I'm running Dharma 3 the Linux Live version installed on an Acer Revo. Today the SMB file sharing connection to my main Win 7 PC just died and I could only connect to my UPnP Server.

I knew that a batch of Windows updates installed last night and rebooted the PC but you correctly knew which one to remove to fix the problem.

Thanks, saved me a lot of potential troubleshooting time that I can now spend doing something more important like watching a movie on XBMC

Big Grin
Wow, Mind blown. Thank you so much! I don't even use messenger on my PC anymore. Only on the berry. Program - Gone!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB Not working in XBMC0