• 47(current)
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows
Anybody knows why xbmconimon doesnt works properly without explorer running?
(2013-04-27, 22:10)ck2012 Wrote: ok i answered a few of my own questions.

if i set all 3 ports to 80 i can get the title of the movie. 3 issues:

1. title does not scroll. It just gets to the end and stops.
2. no time remaining or anything but title displays.
3. lcd does not release after movie is over. or if another one started the lcd still shows the first.

Help anyone?

So i got the time remaining bars working. I also was able to get the lcd to release. It says stop and play and changes title of movie as i select it.

Still the title only scrolls once then stops. Is this not a common problem? How do i get it to keep scrolling over and over again as i think it is suppose to do.

Thanks
Does anyone look at this thread at all?
What iMon hardware do you have?

What did you do to get the time elapsed/remaining bars working?

I have an Antec Fusion Remote Black case with the iMon LCD built in. I was able to set it up so that it displays "XBMC" and the commands I send, as well as the current file name, but not the progress of my video.

I'm using XBMC 12.1 with Aeon Nox 4 and the iMon-on-XMBC that was updated by Parslej (http://www.filedropper.com/imon-on-xbmc-by-parslej)
(2013-05-02, 18:39)tobeychris Wrote: What iMon hardware do you have?

I have an Antec Fusion Remote Black case with the iMon LCD built in. I was able to set it up so that it displays "XBMC" and the commands I send, as well as the current file name, but not the progress of my video.

I'm using XBMC 12.1 with Aeon Nox 4 and the iMon-on-XMBC that was updated by Parslej (http://www.filedropper.com/imon-on-xbmc-by-parslej)

I am using 12.1 nox 4 and the parslej latest version. My imon is 8.0 i think however i will have to check tonight. i set the tcp 20 8080 port in imon to 80 and the xbmc port to 8080 i think. I had to play around with these ports to get it working. This was how i got the bars to work. It was a combo of the ip ports.I also had to initialize the xbmconimon after xbmc was started.

The way my system is setup is to hibernate and not fully turn off. This actually works well with xbmconimon since the connection is never really broken. Does your file name scroll over and over again? This is my last missing piece. It scrolls once then stops. It looks really bad on long file names. IE "the last man standing" will scroll and when it stops all the lcd shows is "an standing" and it never starts again.
(2013-05-02, 20:06)ck2012 Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 18:39)tobeychris Wrote: What iMon hardware do you have?

I am using 12.1 nox 4 and the parslej latest version. My imon is 8.0 i think however i will have to check tonight. i set the tcp 20 8080 port in imon to 80 and the xbmc port to 8080 i think. I had to play around with these ports to get it working. This was how i got the bars to work. It was a combo of the ip ports.I also had to initialize the xbmconimon after xbmc was started.

The way my system is setup is to hibernate and not fully turn off. This actually works well with xbmconimon since the connection is never really broken. Does your file name scroll over and over again? This is my last missing piece. It scrolls once then stops. It looks really bad on long file names. IE "the last man standing" will scroll and when it stops all the lcd shows is "an standing" and it never starts again.

anyone?
I'll have a look next time I have the HTPC up and running and see if there's a setting I think is responsible for this. Pretty sure mine repeat scrolls without issue. I assume your using a LCD and not a VFD?
Can someone give steps to properly install this software?
Where to put it on Windows 7, what to enable disable etc.
Instead of trolling through the whole 70 pages of posts for this information can it be updated in the first post?

Can you still turn on the HTPC with the remote using this software to drive the vfd?
XBMC v16.1 Jarvis, Aeon Nox 5.1.1
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1, CPU: AMD A8-3850 Quad Core Fusion,
MB: ASUS F1A75 V PRO, RAM: 4GB, Video: on board(HDMI), Sound: on board (HDMI),
TV Tuner: Hauppauge HVR-2200
Install it to a folder not protected by UAC (Anywhere bar Program Files), Ports are 80/9090.

Use "Control Mode" if you want to see menus on the display as you navigate through XBMC.

To have XBMConiMon work if you power on using a remote you will want to add a shortcut to it (and XBMC) to your startup folder, alternatively you can download and install a startup manager like XBMCLauncher and add both XBMC and XBMConiMon to it.

Do NOT enable XBMC in the Media Tab of the official iMon Manager software. But do enable plugin mode.

CK2012: The only option I can see with regards LCD scrolling is the delay which I've set to 250ms.
(2013-05-13, 09:30)gibxxi Wrote: Install it to a folder not protected by UAC (Anywhere bar Program Files), Ports are 80/9090.
I can't start XBMC webserver on 80 or 9090 but can on 8080.
So do you set XBMConimon to port 80 ? It wont start on that port.

when I have both XBMC and xbmconimon set to 8080. They connect but I get the exception:

String reference not set to an instance of a String.
Parameter name: s
The Port 80 part is for whatever port the XBMC webserver is set via the XBMC UI. Port 80 is the default. The Second port in XBMConiMon is usually set to 9090, I'm not entirely sure what this is for. It may be for the status / menu commands or progress info to be able to be displayed on the display. I've never really checked that deeply. All I do remember, is setting the second port to anything other than 9090 in XBMConiMon caused issues. Leaving it at 9090 works on my LCD.
(2013-05-13, 09:30)gibxxi Wrote: Install it to a folder not protected by UAC (Anywhere bar Program Files), Ports are 80/9090.

Use "Control Mode" if you want to see menus on the display as you navigate through XBMC.

To have XBMConiMon work if you power on using a remote you will want to add a shortcut to it (and XBMC) to your startup folder, alternatively you can download and install a startup manager like XBMCLauncher and add both XBMC and XBMConiMon to it.

Do NOT enable XBMC in the Media Tab of the official iMon Manager software. But do enable plugin mode.

CK2012: The only option I can see with regards LCD scrolling is the delay which I've set to 250ms.

Thanks for getting back to me. Does yours scroll at 250ms? My scroll is fine it just stops and the end of the movie title and does not re-scroll.

Thanks
Scrolling works in my Antec Fusion Remote case. I will post my settings after reaching home.
(2013-05-14, 03:58)baijuxavior Wrote: Scrolling works in my Antec Fusion Remote case. I will post my settings after reaching home.

Awesome thank you. My scrolling works fine for news and what not via Imon. When i fire up xbmconimon all features work except for the continuous scrolling. I dont see any setting for scrolling in xbmconimon.

If you could let me know your settings and versions of xbmc, imon and xbmconimon maybe i can figure it out.

I'm so close!

Thanks
(2013-05-13, 17:50)gibxxi Wrote: The Port 80 part is for whatever port the XBMC webserver is set via the XBMC UI. Port 80 is the default. The Second port in XBMConiMon is usually set to 9090, I'm not entirely sure what this is for. It may be for the status / menu commands or progress info to be able to be displayed on the display. I've never really checked that deeply. All I do remember, is setting the second port to anything other than 9090 in XBMConiMon caused issues. Leaving it at 9090 works on my LCD.

OK . my port 80 is used by IIS.
I don't see a second port in XBMConiMon. I can see only one place where to set ip and port in XBMConiMon (using v0.1.4.0).

BTW can I still use XBMC Remote android app and XBMConiMon.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows7