• 49(current)
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows
With the latest nightlies, xbmconimon is not working. I tested a previous version installed in another folder and it works. After closing this version and start the nightly, xbmconimon works.
I figured it out. After spending an hour or two at familiarizing myself with the code (the most recent version is: https://github.com/BlackMan82/xbmc-on-imon and https://github.com/BlackMan82/xbmc-jsonrpc-sharp by BlackMan82), I discovered this post by Montellese: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...3pid723806
This second port (which notifies XBMConiMon of state changes) can be configured via the advancedsettings.xml:
<jsonrpc>
<tcpport>9090</tcpport>
</jsonrpc>

For some reason, it was not set to 9090 by default for me. Everything seems to be working fine now with version 13 alpha 4 Smile
(2013-06-03, 18:29)ck2012 Wrote:
(2013-05-19, 14:58)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 18:34)ck2012 Wrote: Awesome thank you. My scrolling works fine for news and what not via Imon. When i fire up xbmconimon all features work except for the continuous scrolling. I dont see any setting for scrolling in xbmconimon.

If you could let me know your settings and versions of xbmc, imon and xbmconimon maybe i can figure it out.

I'm so close!

Thanks

My Setup - Antec Fusion Remote LCD, iMON Manager V 8.12.1202, XBMConIMON V0.1.9.5 by parslej.

Still does not work. We have the same versions of software too. Would it matter that mine is an antec fusion black and yours is a antec fusion remote? I think the only difference is that remote has remote no ps and black has no remote and ps. I tried a few different file names and got nowhere.

All i want is the file name to repeat over and over again.

so frustrating.

any help on this or things to try? How should the filename be listed? Does it matter if the files are on a remote server?
I've been having some trouble since I installed the iMon display. I think the IR receiver isn't worth using, so I also have a standard USB IR receiver for navigating XBMC. The only thing I (intentionally) use the iMon for is powering on/off. However, sometimes when I'm scrolling left/right it seems to receive a '3' signal, causing whatever I'm browsing to jump to the letter 'D'.

Anyone have any experience of this happening?
did you disconnect the imon ir? i plugged in a usb one and forgot to disconnect the imon and i got double skips.
is there by chance a step by step set up guide to at least get someone started on getting xbmc info to be displayed on iMON?

i cant get mine to connect. whenever i hit connect it says it cant connect. my ports are not set up correctly is my assumption. not sure how to set up the ports.

i have xbmc frodo, the newest xbmc on imon software, and the newest imon manager. all up to date. beat a dead horse one more time? how to set this up please Smile
nvm. returned everything. wasnt what i was expecting
(2013-06-30, 09:32)zep123 Wrote: I figured it out. After spending an hour or two at familiarizing myself with the code (the most recent version is: https://github.com/BlackMan82/xbmc-on-imon and https://github.com/BlackMan82/xbmc-jsonrpc-sharp by BlackMan82), I discovered this post by Montellese: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...3pid723806
This second port (which notifies XBMConiMon of state changes) can be configured via the advancedsettings.xml:
<jsonrpc>
<tcpport>9090</tcpport>
</jsonrpc>

For some reason, it was not set to 9090 by default for me. Everything seems to be working fine now with version 13 alpha 4 Smile

Thanks for this tip. Now I can see xbmc info correctly.
I posted a while back in this thread, and never quite got my issues sorted. I've since rebuilt most of the hardware in the system and rebuilt the OS and I'm having more-or-less the same problem (or at least the behaviour seems the same)

I start xbmconimon and ensure all my IP address, port settings and password are correct. I also have Imon Manager set to not show media info from XBMC (although I get the same error regardless of whether this checkbox is checked) As soon as XBMC boots up I get a .NET Framework Unhandled Exception error 'String reference not set to an instance of a String. Parameter name: s.' The details are as follows:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: String reference not set to an instance of a String.
Parameter name: s
   at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at XBMC.JsonRpc.XbmcGeneral.get_BuildDate()
   at iMon.XBMC.XBMC.xbmcConnectingFinished(IAsyncResult ar)
   at iMon.XBMC.XBMC.<>c__DisplayClass4.<xbmcConnectingFinished>b__2()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5472 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
XbmcOniMon
    Assembly Version: 0.1.4.0
    Win32 Version: 0.1.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/XbmcOnImon/XbmcOniMon.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
iMonDisplayApiWrapperSharp
    Assembly Version: 0.1.0.7
    Win32 Version: 0.1.0.7
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/XbmcOnImon/iMonDisplayApiWrapperSharp.DLL
XBMCJsonRpcSharp
    Assembly Version: 0.1.0.2
    Win32 Version: 0.1.0.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/XbmcOnImon/XBMCJsonRpcSharp.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5473 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5473 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Newtonsoft.Json.Net20
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/XbmcOnImon/Newtonsoft.Json.Net20.DLL

I'm running Frodo v12.2, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64, iMON Manager v8.12.1202, iMON VFD and have tried various versions of the software including the VFD version in this thread and the most recent version on Sourceforge which appears to cover both VFD and LCD. I have also tried messing with both my WebUI port and my JSONRPC tcp port in advancedsettings - none of the changes I make there seem to affect this error. I also have the WebUI working fine with the android remote for what it's worth.

If you need any more info from me let me know. I find it weird that two almost completely separate builds of OS with the VFD being almost the only common component (case & HDDs being the others) and I've had the same issue twice - it must be something I'm doing wrong but I have nfi what! I'm pretty sure I have all the relevant .NET framework updates installed - but if someone can tell me specifically what I should have installed for this software I'm happy to check.

It annoys me no end looking at the VFD and seeing the boring time and date display 24/7 - I had it all working fine with Mediaportal but haven't once had it working with XBMC. XBMC is by far the superior software, but I'd really love to have the VFD working again. At this point I'd honestly pay for someone to get it working for me!
^^ Try placing the xbmconimon software outside your system drive or any location where you have write permission.
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I get the same error even with xbmconimon on a separate drive. I do have write permission for Program Files I believe - I managed to put it there myself!

But regardless, I tried copying it to and running it from a separate drive to the OS and the result is the same.
Which version are you using? Try the one by parslej. I have posted the link a few pages back.
I'm using the Sourceforge version - v0.1.4.0 - at the moment. But immediately prior to that I was using cdenfert's version, as I believe that parslej's version was intended for LCD and not VFD?

I'm pretty certain I did try parslej's version initially when I was trying to get this software working, but I couldn't be completely sure and anyway that was before I rebuilt the OS and most of the hardware (although admittedly the problem is at least very similar if not the exact same)

Basically this thread had been my source for different versions of xbmconimon, and I've been following it for some time (12+ months) But sadly I've never been able to get it working. I was hoping that the rebuild would remove whatever element was stopping it from working - but I'm starting to think that I'm the element! Or at least something that I'm doing wrong Smile
Can anyone help me with xbmc on imon display. I have the software working but when i select tv series and click on the episode to watch xbmc on imon display errors and closes. Has anyone else had this and is there a fix.
What sort of errors are they? I'm getting .NET Framework errors that I can't seem to fix.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows7