• 64(current)
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows
Junias,
Thank you for your response. Since my post above, I found Cruz40's post for setting up almost the exact same system as I have. Completed the install making some assumptions (like where to put XBMConImon on the C drive file structure - just put in the C root). Imon itself is working fine with FLIRC (put tape over the Imon IR sensor}. But I am not getting anythinl on the VFD except from Imon (just time, date and a message I customized in the Imon software). XBMConImon says it is not connected. Reading through some of the post it looks like this is a common issue. I am still checking everything out and will check the port (9191) later today to see if I have any conflicts there. Any other suggestions on what to check and /or adjust woukd be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
@whampel: and, whats about the port-check?? have you a user/password for the kodi-webinterface?
Hi guys!

Anyone can address me (if available) to the source code of the cdenfert version of XBMConiMON? I would like to make some improvements to it but I don't know where to start...

Thanks for any help!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Imon for XBMC connects and initializes, but i cannot see the name of the movie, or for that matter anything on the lcd screen. it turns blank with no info. When i shutdown kodi, normal imon starts working fine.
I am on Jarvis.
(2015-11-26, 14:50)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi guys!

Anyone can address me (if available) to the source code of the cdenfert version of XBMConiMON? I would like to make some improvements to it but I don't know where to start...

Thanks for any help!

here it is Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o1f78e...on.src.rar
so can anyone verify that imon for kodi on isengard or jarvis isnt working as of now? i will stop meddling with it until a great soul comes with the new build?
(2015-12-05, 02:31)cdenfert Wrote:
(2015-11-26, 14:50)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi guys!

Thanks for any help!

here it is Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o1f78e...on.src.rar

Thanks a lot cdenfert!

I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2005...is it sufficient?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Is it stil working on kodi 16 jarvis?
SONY STR-DH820 | SONY SA-VE705 | Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8400, ASUS P5QD Turbo, SAMSUNG SH-B123L Blu-Ray Combo, ZALMAN HD503 | PANASONIC TX-P42U10E
I've got Imon-on-xbmc running fine on Windows 10 with Kodi v16.0 “Jarvis” Release Candidate 2 & imon-on-xbmc-Parslej version.

imon-on-xbmc-Parslej

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m77270...arslej.rar

cruz40 instructions

Kodi

System/Services/Web server
settings
Allow remote control via http: enabled
port 9191
username kodi

System/Services/Remote control
settings
Allow remote control by programs on other systems: enabled

xbmc-on-imon settings
ip 127.0.0.1 port 9191 *these must match
username kodi
tcp port 9090
Great, thanks ,mate!
SONY STR-DH820 | SONY SA-VE705 | Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8400, ASUS P5QD Turbo, SAMSUNG SH-B123L Blu-Ray Combo, ZALMAN HD503 | PANASONIC TX-P42U10E
Ok,I finally got everything working nicely with my imon VFD display on Kodi v15.2 so I thought I'd share some info.

First off, things get interesting in this thread starting at page 41. No need to go back much further than that. In fact, page 50 and on contain about the most relevant info for Isengard.

Margru's version of xbmconimon is better than parslej's. Advanced options work well, it disconnects automatically when Kodi closes, and all the display movie tags work (DTS etc.) It also correctly shows my surround mode.

Margru's version is here:

https://github.com/margru/xbmc-on-imon/downloads

Things to keep in mind with Kodi Isengard versions:

json port settings need to be specified in advancedsettings.xml. You must have the jsonrpc tags in the xml file or xbmconimon will not connect unless you set the tcp port to the same value as the webserver port. However if you do this, json notifications won't be sent out and you will get no playing show info!

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <jsonrpc>
        <tcpport>9090</tcpport>
    </jsonrpc>
</advancedsettings>

The gotcha here is that the format was apparently changed sometime after Gotham. Topmost advancedsettings tags have been added. On Gotham they were not needed but on Isengard, if you don't have these tags, all advanced settings are ignored.

Now, set up xbmconimon's tcp port to the port you indicated in the advanced settings xml file above and the server port to the webserver port you set up in kodi

Finally, use launcher4kodi to launch iMON, xbmconimon, and kodi. It knows about all three apps and you can set your path to each on the Kodi Path tab. Also set focus settings to re-focus every 5 seconds. Focus will be lost a couple of times while everything loads, but by the time the cool kodi startup animation is finished, the focus will be on Kodi again.

Launcher4kodi is here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798

this took all afternoon...
Well lookey here, I just cloned Margru's repo and successfully compiled with VS 2010. I'm running a low profile HTPC case in a restrictive cabinet with a 125W THD processor so I'm really interested in displaying CPU temps on the iMON display if they hit a threshold...

Time to translate my C++ XP to C# I guess. Smile
file progress bars works?
Yes. I didn't even realize that was a feature until recently. Single dashes go to double dashes on top and bottom to show progress.
(2015-11-07, 02:14)LORDBLADE2000 Wrote: How do I display the current movie time?

I have the same question !!
Some helpHuh
Thanks!!!!!!
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows7