Suggestions - Custom Menus, Time
I just found Transparency a few weeks ago. Absolutely amazing! I can't believe I lived so long without it.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option to add not only favorites, but XBMC functions to your custom menus. i.e. I have a custom menu called programs (not the default programs menu, too limited in number of favorites, and running programs from it directly kills XBMC), it would be nice to be able to put the file manager in there too.

Also, would it be possible to have the time/weather displayed on other screens than home as an option?

Just some ideas... I think I can hack them in on my own, but it seems like others would like these too.
reverendj1 Wrote:I just found Transparency a few weeks ago. Absolutely amazing! I can't believe I lived so long without it.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option to add not only favorites, but XBMC functions to your custom menus. i.e. I have a custom menu called programs (not the default programs menu, too limited in number of favorites, and running programs from it directly kills XBMC), it would be nice to be able to put the file manager in there too.

not sure what functions you're thinking of?
there's now three custom menu buttons, each with 10 custom submenu items.

filemanager is available as a submenu item for the Settings menu item.

reverendj1 Wrote:Also, would it be possible to have the time/weather displayed on other screens than home as an option?

Just some ideas... I think I can hack them in on my own, but it seems like others would like these too.

no plans to add this, so feel free... :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I just mean the different XBMC functions. Unless I am missing something (which is definitely possible Smile) you can't favorite different things, like eject, file manager, settings, etc. To add things to the custom submenus, they have to be favorited. It would be nice if you could add these things to the custom submenus too.

I know that the file manager is available in the settings submenu (and in the shutdown menu), I just think it would be nice to be able to put it in my custom Programs menu, for tidiness and logical reasons.

Other uses for this would be so you could add an Eject CD menu/button to the home screen, for example (instead of using the Play CD submenu). Just another way to wife-proof.

Like I said, no big deal, just an idea. Smile
everyone has it's own preferable way of doing things
and if i had to code every possible item in each menu button,
the list would be endless...

but, there's an easy way you get get what you need.
you can 'trick' xbmc by manually adding the functions you need
to favourites.xml in your userdata folder.

as an example, for eject, you need to add this line:
<favourite name="Eject">EjectTray</favourite>
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I had no idea about that. Thanks! In the wiki it just mentions that you can edit the favorites file manually or add things via the context menu. It doesn't say anything about the functions.
i guess nobody ever came up with the idea to 'abuse' favourites in this way. ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestions - Custom Menus, Time0