Add content to the archive anyway?
Hi,
I was looking for a way to configure (advancedsettings?) xbmc to automatically add to the archive the movies it scrapes, even those that aren't recognised (by using the filename as title, for example) by the scraper, this way I have home made movies all added at once (and I don't have to add it one by one from file's view) and can find them in the "Recently added movies" to add covers.

Is this possible?
Thanks
not currently.
spiff Wrote:not currently.

Ok, thanks ^_^
Never contributed code to the project, but I'm a programmer, so, if its not a problema, I could check the source code to see if I can manage to add that as a patch, could you give me a general direction on where to look at? I think, in order to do clean things, I will have to add a preference in the scraper setting under Videos, then add the code that, if this is checked, will intercept scraped content not recognized to add it anyway to the archive.

Thanks again for the prompt answer.
i think the sane thing to do is to add another content type, 'Home videos'. that content type should be like movies except it should only support nfo files or fallback to filename.
it's touches quite a lot of code. GUIDialogContentSettings is the set content dialog. VideoInfoScanner is the scanner. look at those two, get a feel for how it works, then come back with more specific questions. it's simply not easily explainable Wink
spiff Wrote:it's touches quite a lot of code. GUIDialogContentSettings is the set content dialog. VideoInfoScanner is the scanner. look at those two, get a feel for how it works, then come back with more specific questions. it's simply not easily explainable Wink

LOL.. I expected this.. sorry for the too general question, but now I have at least some grip on the solution (and a couple of methods to look for! ^_^), thanks for the answer I'll have a dive into the code, soon!
The nfo file solution is viable, indeed, but I was planning to place some xbmcs at friends houses (by now, customers in the future? who knows, I already sent an email, as stated on the xbmc.org site, to inform you, main devs that I was planning to start a commercial solution based on xbmc, the firm is called taris, based in italy, in case you need to find the referenced mail) and they don't want to deal with files, text editors, etc... just archive everything then edit what's editable using the remote controller and info panel... ^_^

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add content to the archive anyway?0