[LIVE] Beta 4 and suspend/hibernate
So far with the first three beta's you have not been able to suspend or hibernate using the XBMC live distro... At least with an Ion2.

Has anyone tried out the new beta and verified if it works or doesn't?
I'm basically trying to figure out if I should upgrade to the new beta 4 or keep the beta 3 installed since thats the only issues I'm having.

Thanks.
I'm having issues with suspend on beta 4. It will go in to suspend but will not come back out with the remote (have to hit power button on my revo)
Suspend on my Revo 1600 running beta 4 works fine, and I can put it to sleep/wake it from the remote without issue. (also worked fine for me with a clean install of beta 3 live). Previous betas, you had to update the kernel for it to work properly.

Did you do a clean install of beta 3 or an upgrade from a previous beta?
Suspend and reboot been working nice from beta1, upgrade to beta 2 and then upgrade to beta 3. Then i did a clean reinstall with live beta3 cd. And then it broke for me... Arghh... Just going to hold on until final, will probobly see more funny things on the way
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
Every beta was a fresh install for me on my ion2.

I guess I will have to just try it next week when I get a chance.
i got probs with my as3tiont-i (ion1) and beta4. when i try to get the system in suspend mode it only works for one time. the next time it goes to suspend and one second later it boots up again:/
Working fine here on beta4 and revo 3610 (and worked for beta3 too)
is there any specific USB port that you need to have the IR Rx plugged into?
So I just tested my Ion 2 setup with the new Beta 4 and when I put the system into suspend or hibernate it bumps back on right away. I basically can only shut it down.

I looked in the bios and the mobo is setup to suspend S3 mode too.

BORIStheBLADE Wrote:So I just tested my Ion 2 setup with the new Beta 4 and when I put the system into suspend or hibernate it bumps back on right away. I basically can only shut it down.

I looked in the bios and the mobo is setup to suspend S3 mode too.

Had this strange behaviour to when i did a complete reinstall. I have not had the time do a full debug log of it do, abit lazy... But pushing the power button on my asrock will shutdown the system. So i have trained my girfriend when given voice command "Shutdown XBMC" xbmc magicly shutsdown. Rolleyes
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Beta 4 and suspend/hibernate0