Feature Request - New view mode for movies
I have changed over to Night from Backrow and I am very impressed with this skin. It is very smooth and clean, but what I am most impressed with is its speed. I don't know how you coded this differently than other skin designers, but your skin is by far the fastest to navigate through.

Having said that there is one thing missing in my opinion. A good movie view with full screen fanart. I like the list view for movies since I have so many to navigate through (I have thousands of movies), and even when filtered by genre or something it is a long list to navigate. I have tried other views and they really don't work for me.

The list view in Night is perfectly fine and I really like the big poster on the right, but the fanart is dimmed out and when a movie is selected and you go to the details page it is dimmed there too. That is really the only view where you can get full screen fanart. The TV section has a couple great views that showcase the fanart though.

One area in which Backrow excels is the number and quality of movie views. In particular the list1 view is exactly what I want for my movie views. The list is in clear art on the left with very few details and the movie brief scrolls in from the right after a small delay so you can appreciate the full screen fanart before it is partially covered up.

Is there another view I should try, or would it be possible to get a view similar to the list1 view in Backrow?

A unique view for Night that I think might capture this is the current list view, but without the year and rating right justified. Just the name on the left without the Grey background per line. Just the name in clear art. As I mentioned before I really like the big poster on the right, but is there a way to delay it and have it scroll from the edge of the screen like the details do for the list1 one view of Backrow?
Thx, for the compliments.

1. Well one thing that helps in speed is it's not a texture heavy skin, with gradients I can get away with some of them being 960x540 instead of 1920x1080 which helps alot...

2. In "Files" view theres an option to "Show Fanart" which removes all but the listing and a small gradient on the left...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
That is much better mcborzu.

While I am throwing compliments around let me also say I am amazed at how responsive you are to these requests. Not just on this tread, but all over the board including other skin threads. I see so often that people who have these pet projects get bored after they are pretty much complete and kind of abandon them.

Is there any way to donate to the development of the skin?

Now that I have kissed up to you Wink I would like to expand upon my request. I like the view with the fanart in list much better, but now I get no movie poster at all. In the details view it shows additional fanart in thumbnail form (which I have never seen on another skin and is very cool), but no movie poster. That means in both list view and details view I have no movie poster now. I like having the movie poster in the main view as well.

What would make this the perfect view, for me at least, would be to have the fanart view in list like you have shown me, but to have the movie poster scroll out from the right after a small delay. I love that you can really see the fanart now, but I also like the big poster view you have in the non fanart view. Having the poster scroll would give me the best of both worlds.

Alternatively, while less preferred, an option in the bottom of the details view to switch between the fanart thumbnails and a poster woulds do it for me too. I would miss the extra fanart but could live without it to see the poster.

Just one mans opinion, take it for what it is worth. Big Grin

One more compliment before I sign off...I also love that you included the poster in the pause view. There are a lot of well thought out details in this skin.
I would also like to know if it is possible to donate, this skin made XBMC for me pretty much, if it wasn't for Night I would still be using confluence as most other skins don't look as good or don't run aswell on Atoms.
Thx again for the compliments but this is my thoughts on donations:

Skins are pretty, skins are visible you can see the work being done. While I'd love to get compensated it seems a little unfair to the Devs who do the 'behind the scenes' stuff that makes it all possible. Like for example I love clearART/cdART, lots of you guys do to, and Spiff added player.folderpath that allowed that. Now I get all the credit/cash for it because it's visible in the skin, while he did most of the work. And there are probably thousands other examples like that...

So my suggestion is to say Thanks but please show thanks by donating to:

XBMC
theTVDB
themoviedb

If you can add a comment while donating, saying you love Night would be cool

Ranger Rob Wrote:That is much better mcborzu.

Now that I have kissed up to you Wink I would like to expand upon my request. I like the view with the fanart in list much better, but now I get no movie poster at all. In the details view it shows additional fanart in thumbnail form (which I have never seen on another skin and is very cool), but no movie poster. That means in both list view and details view I have no movie poster now. I like having the movie poster in the main view as well.

What would make this the perfect view, for me at least, would be to have the fanart view in list like you have shown me, but to have the movie poster scroll out from the right after a small delay. I love that you can really see the fanart now, but I also like the big poster view you have in the non fanart view. Having the poster scroll would give me the best of both worlds.

Alternatively, while less preferred, an option in the bottom of the details view to switch between the fanart thumbnails and a poster woulds do it for me too. I would miss the extra fanart but could live without it to see the poster.

Just one mans opinion, take it for what it is worth. Big Grin

One more compliment before I sign off...I also love that you included the poster in the pause view. There are a lot of well thought out details in this skin.

Now that you wont take my money, will you still answer this request? Cool
Any chance you might consider this mcborzu?
Another option -No. I'll give instructions, all it is a simple block of code, if you'd like...

That would be great! I would like to take a shot at learning how to mod. I have a few other ideas as well. This could be a good start at getting a feel for the structure of everything.
Have you had a chance to look into this yet mcborzu? I would love to take a shot at this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request - New view mode for movies0