Mac Mini + Harmony 900 + XBMC
Hopefully someone can answer this for me...

My previous setup included a Windows server running XBMC with the MCE receiver and remote. I was able to program my Harmony remote to communicate to the MCE receiver by simply choosing MCE as the device type. The big bonus was it allowed me to program actual keyboard shortcuts to the various buttons.

I am now running XBMC on my Mac Mini. I'm looking for the same functionality that was once available under Windows. I've tried choose MCE as the device type but it will not recognize the commands. I've tried setting it to Plex and that works, but it limits the button options to standard commands like play, pause, skip, ect.

To recap and I want to use my Harmony 900 to send keyboard commands to my Mac Mini. Simple things like \ (backslash) so I can switch to windowed mode at any given time.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone =)
Are you running Windows or OSX on your Mac Mini?

If you are running OSX, it should be relatively easy to program your Harmony to do your bidding. You might need to do some tweaking in keymap.xml (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml)
For Windows you might want to use EventGhost so you can map specific actions to RC buttons.

Link to the how to for configuring Logitech Harmonies for OSX: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55660
MCGuy Wrote:Hopefully someone can answer this for me...

My previous setup included a Windows server running XBMC with the MCE receiver and remote. I was able to program my Harmony remote to communicate to the MCE receiver by simply choosing MCE as the device type. The big bonus was it allowed me to program actual keyboard shortcuts to the various buttons.

I am now running XBMC on my Mac Mini. I'm looking for the same functionality that was once available under Windows. I've tried choose MCE as the device type but it will not recognize the commands. I've tried setting it to Plex and that works, but it limits the button options to standard commands like play, pause, skip, ect.

To recap and I want to use my Harmony 900 to send keyboard commands to my Mac Mini. Simple things like \ (backslash) so I can switch to windowed mode at any given time.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone =)

I have the same set up. On the logitech page, choose PLEX as the device. That will give you full control of XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Mini + Harmony 900 + XBMC0