bug report
this bug has been around for ages, am suprised that no one has mentioned it yet.

When using the view on the main menu that allows pictures of your shows within a TV and th setting is on for the picture to grow and shrink.

The top of the picture is visible at the top of the screen in a place it shouldn't be.
never seen it myself...
the only thing i can think of, you're not running xbmc @ 720p/1080p ?

please post a screenshot so i can check if anythings wrong with the code.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
That is true, I'm on a widescreen CRT
Same issue on my 4:3 CRT

Will post a screen shot when i get round to it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I guess I'm not supposed to see above the XBMC bar, but I do.
Justcop Wrote:I guess I'm not supposed to see above the XBMC bar, but I do.

true, it's also showing bits on the left, right and bottom that shouldn't be visible.

you can use the xbmc calibration option to make it fit your screen:
Settings > System > Video Output > Video Calibration
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I have done that already, lining up the white right angles with the corners of my screen, I guess I have to overcompensate a little.
I would like to revisit this issue.

I recently connected my XBMC to a LCD tv and found that when I lined up the screen in the system settings with the corners in the corners I still could see a little bit of the picture as shown in the examples above.

When I watch a TV programme things go right to the edge so the borders are only wrong for the transparency screens not for the video screens.

In addition when moving back to my CRT TV I found that because there is a mild usually unnoticeable rotation of the screen it is impossible to line up the top of the screen so that the extra pit of picture is not seen on the left side but that all the text and interface etc that appears on the top right still shows.

Can I suggest that as an easy solution you put a black border all the way around the area of the transparency that you think should be visualised. That way if there are any areas that are supposed to be hidden shows then they will just come up as black.

Thank you
it's a xbmc issue, so nothing i can do about, i'm afraid.
adding a workaround in the skin to mask this xbmc problem is not the way to get things resolved imo.

you should create a ticket on trac so the devs can fix it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
bug report0