nVidia GT 430 issues
raced out a brought a 430 without checking if nVidia and done the linux drivers.

Have tried the developer driver devdriver_3.2_linux_32_260.19.14.run which is suppost to have support for the 430 but my Xorg.0.log it appears i cannot create the frame buffer device.

Anything i can try or do i wait for a more mature driver....

[ 15.833] (EE) [drm] failed to open device
[ 15.833] (EE) open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
[ 16.587] (EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible NVIDIA X driver not found)
we already have a dedicated GT430 thread in the hardware forum http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84223 but the problem is, this card is very new on the market, so not much experiences esp. with the linux drivers

ATM there's really only the dev driver available with support for the gt430 so it's possible that you're out of luck until nvidia release the final driver build
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
redstorm Wrote:[ 15.833] (EE) [drm] failed to open device
[ 15.833] (EE) open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
[ 16.587] (EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible NVIDIA X driver not found)

Your xorg.conf is wrong - X tries to open the framebuffer device instead of using the Nvidia driver. Therefore the Nvidia GLX extension can not be initialized.

Add the following Device-Section to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Code:
Section "Device"
    Driver "nvidia"
EndSection
This is what I have , no changes from nvidia-xconfig

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
EndSection
I think the issue im having is related to 10.10 including the nouveau gfx driver by default.

Trying to google on how to disable the kernel module..... stand by...
redstorm Wrote:I think the issue im having is related to 10.10 including the nouveau gfx driver by default.

Trying to google on how to disable the kernel module..... stand by...

Try to remove the nouveau driver using "sudo rmmod nouveau", then load the nvidia driver with "sudo modprobe nvidia". You can check if the driver loaded successfully using "dmesg" or "lsmod".

You can make sure the driver will not be loaded again by blacklisting "nouveau" and "lbm-nouveau" in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
Temar Wrote:Try to remove the nouveau driver using "sudo rmmod nouveau", then load the nvidia driver with "sudo modprobe nvidia". You can check if the driver loaded successfully using "dmesg" or "lsmod".

You can make sure the driver will not be loaded again by blacklisting "nouveau" and "lbm-nouveau" in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

have blacklisted nouveau and rebooted, i can see nvidia loaded with lsmod

dmes has this

[ 12.187022] nvidia: module license 'NVIDIA' taints kernel.

but a quick google turns out it can be ignored.

.xsession-errors has this
Xsession: X session started for xbmc at Fri Nov 5 11:33:48 NZDT 2010
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
Terminated

XBMC complains that it could not find a compatible OpenGL accellerated driver..
Please post your complete /var/log/Xorg.0.log logfile on http://pastebin.com and also the part of the dmesg output where the driver is loaded.

Your xorg.conf would be helpful, too.
Thumbs Up 
Temar Wrote:Please post your complete /var/log/Xorg.0.log logfile on http://pastebin.com and also the part of the dmesg output where the driver is loaded.

Your xorg.conf would be helpful, too.

I think im good now.

sudo cp /etc/X11/XF86Config /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/Xorg.conf

As when starting X it would list /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d as the configuration location yet this location did not have an Xorg.conf file so i copied the one from /etc/X11/XF86Config that the nvidia-xconfig created and i can now see the xbmc.bin process and its created a xbmc.log file.

I will know for sure when i get home and check the display is good.

Thanks for you help, just a missing Xorg.conf in the end Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia GT 430 issues0