• 4(current)
SLik - skin
one of the best skin out atm, good work
The-Boxhead Wrote:............
Would love to do some custom themes for this one, do you accept that ?

Boxhead.

Not really excepting anything at the moment (themes, language files, etc) because they are probably all bound to change and break before I make a version for the addon repo.

That being said I'm happy if people want to do them now for personal use and keep updating them so when the official "DONE" version is out they can quickly pass them on to me. I just don't want them yet Wink
Guys, adding the skins on the repo as a separate addon is a nice thought.The size of several skins would be reduced to a considerable extent. Hope this idea of Sharpe is discussed by one and all and a decision is taken by the XBMC team. I will be looking forward to this proposition with great interest. Keep up the good work..and stay cool....
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
bandelguy Wrote:Guys, adding the skins on the repo as a separate addon is a nice thought.The size of several skins would be reduced to a considerable extent. Hope this idea of Sharpe is discussed by one and all and a decision is taken by the XBMC team. I will be looking forward to this proposition with great interest. Keep up the good work..and stay cool....

getting a little off topic here Tongue but nothing is being done about it until the next xbmc version ie: post Dharma

Now lets get back on topic Smile
Ok Jezz im back on topic Wink

Have a few questions... :
been playing around with your skin and have a question, i know you're not finished but wanted to ask anyhow.

Have a few questions... :
On the homescreen, the black box which stands above the image scroller..... with sub items in it. In my mind it doesent "blend" in with the rest of the skin and seems to be more in line with the confluence style. For me that was one of the design elements that screamed back at me Smile

Maybe im just weired but wanted to know your take on it....

The large dark bottom panel when in settings, more or less same thing here, this is only minor but anyhow... seems a bit to confluence again.

When inside any of the settings submenus or in videos you have the same black panel for showing menutext. Still bellive that could be tweakend some more. Same goes for the selected item blue square...

The Black and White colors looks perfect on my laptop screen. However on my 42 inch LCD the black is to black and the white is to white. Okay maybe i could tweak my settings on the TV but i use those settings for movies. Maybe a little less black and white ?

Hope it's okay to give my 1cent on the desgins Jezz, dont get me wrong i absolutely love the overall look for this skin !!
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
The-Boxhead I also agree with room for improvement with stuff, But I have to refer you too my feelings in this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=630316&postcount=4 Smile
That being said please feel free to mockup or make up with a better solutions I'm all for it

Personally I would remove the whole sub bar in home all together but these days seems everyone wants quick access to every section from home
Haven't tried it yet but from the looks I would say I could see this being the default skin to replace Confluence in future packages. Love the idea about studio flags being a separate add-on.
Only thing i'd change is the navigation on home...
Pressing left on a submenu would take you back to main menu... this would avoid going thru the whole submenu items.
On the recently added, i would make it cycle when left/right is pressed... pressing up goes back to submenu... down back to main menu.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
NEW VERSION SLik.0.0.2

This one is probably what the original release should of been but I needed motivation that users give you to do more Tongue it even lost a little more weight on the download Smile

DOWNLOAD

Changes - Top is newest, Bottom is oldest
Quote:Changed: [SLik] bumped the version number
Changed: [SLik] rearranged strings.xml to allow for more common labels at the start
Added: [SLik] visual queue that you should not be using the mouse to control the skin Smile
Changed: [SLik] made the background a solid color to prevent gradient banding on TV's
Skinned: [SLik] whole lot of dialog lovin
Fixed: [SLik] naving left and right from the home submenu will take you back to main menu
Skinned: [SLik] Standard Playlist editor window (Not Smart Playlists)
Fixed: [SLik] removed some old labels left from pm3.hd
Changed: [SLik] make the home submenu text stand out less
Changed" [SLik] Couple more dialogs
Fixed: [SLik] Fade out behind dialogs in Movie and Music info windows since they are fake fullscreen now
Changed" [SLik] Skinned up the FileBrowser dialog (new look), set up some future dialog stuff and removed old unused images
Changed: [SLik] style of the power icons to better match colors of skin
Fixed: [SLik] Cleaned up some old pm3.hd unused images
Added: [SLik] The Show notifications for add-on updates button to the Add-on browser window
Changed: [SLik] Clicking Files/Library in the home menu sub menu takes you to the Root (shares) section all the time. If you want the last active dir click the main button instead
Fixed: [SLik] Gear icon in upper left now points to the way you have to nav to get to the options
Added: [SLik] Animation for window open/close for media views
Fixed: [SLik] Overlay Icon in the wrong place for thumb view

Again enjoy and I'll update the first post
I am loving this skin, very clean and polished, I haven't poked in the code yet but is there a way to add the shutdown timer option to the pop-up shutdown menu (press 's'). I'm probably a minority in this but I use that almost every day.
The Thread Killer!
Love this skin, thanks!
Jezz_x :

Go to your confluence page and check out the screenshots from your 'red theme' post. lol something you may want to fix!
Quick question

I think you may have covered this but do you plan on having different color themes and user wallpaper?
loggio Wrote:Jezz_x :

Go to your confluence page and check out the screenshots from your 'red theme' post. lol something you may want to fix!
hahaha that will teach me for reusing sections
loggio Wrote:Quick question

I think you may have covered this but do you plan on having different color themes and user wallpaper?

Maybe not sold on it to be honest
Jezz_x :

I hope you don't mind, but i was bored and had some spare time and had a little play with a screenshot of your skin. I made a few slight/minor tweaks that i thought might look good.

Here's what i came up with. In my opinion it looks a bit cleaner/polished.
I realise you are far from finished. But just wanted to see your thoughts.

P.S
I see you're a Melbournian just like me! :-)

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SLik - skin3