Acer Revo 3610 and 1080p30
Hi

New to all things XBMC, but so far I'm impressed!

I bought a Revo 3610, put at 40Gb SSD in it, and loaded Dharma Beta 4 Live. After a bit of fiddling, I have full PCM 5.1 sound over HDMI, and the refresh rate switches between 23.97, 50 and 59.94 as it should depending on source.

Now - my problem. I can't play 1080p30 sources without a lot of dropped frames - we're talking about 1-2 frames every few seconds. It's very noticable. The logs show a lot of "avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet" errors.

I've tried re-encoding a chapter at 720p30, and this plays fine. The OSD shows a solid 29.97fps, and no frames dropped once started.

From this, I'd deduce it was a hardware limitation and the Atom330/ION combo just isn't up to it. Would this be correct, or does anyone know otherwise?

If it is, not a total disaster. 1080p24 works wonderfully, and the only 1080p30 sources I have are Music Blu-rays. As I'm more interested in the music and hard pressed to see the difference on a 40" screen at 10ft, I'm not too fussed about encoding them to 720p30 if it's going to work better.
looks like same issue as mine.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84763
Could be - note sure. As I said, I'm new to all this - but it seems in your case that VDPAU wasn't working. It's working in mine, and all video other than a 1080p30 source works perfectly.

(Also got another issue with flac audio tracks on mkv causing frame drops on some films, but I've found a thread on that)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo 3610 and 1080p300